16/06/2013

Everyday Make-up

When it comes it my everyday make-up I'm very minimalistic, I go for a natural look and try to put as few things on my face as possible.  I don't tend to use a make-up bag very often, but I have been trying to use one. My make-up bag is one I got off eBay, its originally from No7, it wasn't very expensive- no more than about £5.
It is looking a little dirty in places, but I think it does show that it is being loved and used if it shows a little bit of wear. I bought it because I really liked how it looked, its a lovely blue colour with scallop detailing. Since I'm beginning to use my make-up bag I thought I would show you my daily make-up. 
I think my bag is a really good size, I wouldn't take this out with me though since when I go out I don't tend to do anything with my face. Maybe touch up my lipstick, nothing much though. 

Face Products



Maybelline Super Stay 24Hr Foundation - I have rather oily skin and decided my old foundation ( Benefit Hello Flawless) wasn't working for me any more, it just seemed like my foundation wasn't staying on my face. So I bought this one since it claims to last a very long time, it does say suitable for all skin types, but I found it was really good for my skin. I would highly recommend this to any one with oily skin, the colour range is extremely good, I have 005 light Beige and it is practically identical to my skin tone. 

Rimmel Stay Matte Power - I use this to control my oily skin, this is the best powder I have tried. Granted I haven't actually tried many powders. But of the few I have tried this is the best one. For me anyway. Its highly affordable, I bought the transparent one since I'm too lazy to find my own shade. 

Collection Lasting Perfection Concealer - I bought this purely down to the fact that everyone and their grandmother talks about this in the blogging world. I think I maybe bought a shade to dark, even though the one I bought is 2, which is still classed as light. I am able to work with it, but I will be getting the lighter one. Its a good concealer, there are probably better ones, but this is cheap and does the job.

Sleek Contour Palette - This is an amazing little palette, three products in one. I think for the price ( around £6/7) this is utterly and totally the best thing ever. Its a contour, highlight and blush all in the one palette. The colours are brilliant for my complexion and I am so glad I bought it. 


Eye Products 


Maybelline Gel Liner - I bought this on impulse one day, didn't need it and to be honest at the time I didn't overly want it. I'm glad now I bought it. Its not the best gel liner, I will admit. I tried my friends L'Oreal gel liner and that was amazing - I really want to pick it up. I've found that this gets a little dry and hard the longer you have it, which is a little disappointing, but its the best liner I've found to do flicks and stuff so I keep it around. 

Smashbox Photo finish Lid Primer - I bought this little sample size(really should read the descriptions of things) off eBay a little while ago. I like using this before I apply eye shadow, I find it does help eye shadow last that little bit longer. 

Maybelline 24 Hr Colour Tattoo - I Love the colour tattoos, the pigmentation is amazing and they last ages and ages. I have a couple of these but I use On and on Bronze most days, its a really nice bronze colour, I think it looks like it has silvery/ gold parts in it sometimes. 

Yves Rocher Sexy Pulp - I've recently switched back to using this bad boy, after a long period of using Maybellines Rocket. I had forgotten how good this is. It gives you big, thick, long lashes. I adore this, it gives me the lashes I've always wanted. 

Rimmel Scandaleyes Kajal - I like this little nude pencil for my lower lash line. I don't know why I use it or what made me start using it, probably YouTube. It stays for a very very long time and I've never found myself needing to re-apply this. 


Lip Products


Maybelline Colour Sensation Lipstick - I got this off eBay for a few pounds awhile back. The colour is a dusty pink, I didn't have a colour like it so decided like any other rational person that I must have it. The colour is 540 Hollywood Red, despite the name I would say this is not a red lipstick. I think its a very grown up colour and is quite sophisticated. 

Revlon Colourburst Lip Butter - I am a huge fan of lip butters, this is probably one of my favourites. The colour I have been wearing a heck of a lot is 035 Candy Apple. Its a lovely red, I think you could make quite a sheer red with this or a really bright one, depending on how heavily/ how much you apply. This is probably one of my favourite lipsticks. 

Revlon Just Bitten Kissable Balm Stain - If I'm ever wanting something quick to put on I always reach for this, I never need to blot it or tidy up around my lips, I don't think I have ever gone over the line with this. This is the only shade of this that I have, the one I have is 045 Romantic. Its a lovely red, nothing to bright like some reds can be and it is very moisturising on your lips. 

Benefit Dandelion Lip Gloss - This is the only lip gloss I own, I use this only occasionally. If I want a glossy lip - which I 9/10 don't, I much prefer matte lips - then I will put this over the top of what ever I am wearing on my lips. The colour is quite light so you could probably wear it over any lip colour. 

Jason Lips Bee Healthier balm - I use this every day, several times a day. I hate having sore cracked lips and this is just the thing I need to prevent that from happening. I got this in a glossybox last year and have only recently been using it. It smells lovely - like a after eight - and really nourishes the lips. 

Brushes


Real Techniques Buffing Brush - I use this 99% of the time to put on my foundation, the other 1% of the time is when I'm to lazy to use a brush so use my fingers. I really like the real techniques brushes, they are really soft and give such a lovely finish. 

Real Techniques Contour Brush - I use this with my sleek palette, its probably not the best idea to use the one brush with 3 different things, but awk well. I just find that it does the best job of putting my blush and stuff on. 

Maybelline Gel Liner Brush - This little brush came with the gel liner it does the job and does it well so I've stuck with it. Until I find a brush that is miles better then I shall continue to stay with this brush. 

Eye Lips Face Total Face Brush - I use this with the Rimmel Powder, it doesn't give off any bristles and is relatively soft. Its an okay brush for powder. 


2 comments:

  1. I love the Real Techniques brushes! They are so lovely and soft :). Also to help with your oily skin, I have the same issue and Mac's Studio Fix Fluid is perfect for my skin :)

    anoverheatednorthwestbliss.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm on a sort of mission to try and collect all the Real Techniques brushes :)

      Oh, I'll have to try out MAC's Studio Fix Fluid, it can be a birthday present for myself :)

      Delete

Please note, any comment that have nothing to do with my blog post and are just for "please follow me back" will be deleted.