12/07/2013

Makeup Bags

Considering I am only one person, and I never travel or take make-up further from my vanity than a few steps I see to have a fair few make-up bags. I don't even use make-up bags to house my make-up, it sits looking pretty in little drawers or displayed on my dresser. So why do I have not one, not even two, but FIVE make-up bags.
Who needs that many make-up bags? I'll tell you no one. Not even the most well travelled person needs five. One or two, maybe. But never five. There are few things I collect, I really should say gather or hoard, and one of those things I seem to have taken to gathering - like a squirrel preparing for winter - are make-up bags.
When I buy a new bag I tell myself it'll help me take make-up with me for touch ups and stuff like that. But do I take them out of my room, no I don't. I never used to have this problem. When I turned 17, my addiction to make-up bags started. I was quite content with my massive Avon make-up bag - I'm pretty sure I've had it since I was 10 - but after getting another year older something inside my brain snapped, I became obsessed with make-up bags. Different designs, sizes and colours. My little "collection" used to be a heck of a lot bigger, but I managed to shrift some of them off to my mum - she happily accepted them.
I acknowledge that I have a problem, despite this I currently have two, if not three, make-up bags on my to buy list. One of these is one from Whistles and another from Ted Baker.

One of the make-up bags I use most is one I got in company magazine not to long ago. Its small, I more so use it as a bedside keep together thing. And by that I mean, anything I need or like having cosmetic/ health wise I keep in the little bag. For example I keep my inhaler and lip balm, just in case of a serious dry lip emergency and the less serious can't breath situation. The zip pocket at the front is brilliant for me to store any medication and pain killers I have lying around. Its the perfect size for me to keep my bed side table quite tidy.

One year for Christmas many a year ago my mum and dad gave me a make-up bag full of make-up, the first ever bits I was given, I still have the bag and if I were going to travel this would be the bag I'd be most likely to take. Its big enough to fit most of my make-up, if not all, and its quite nice to look at. It has a pocket at the front of it, its not very deep and doesn't zip shut or anything so it seems a little pointless, but none the less I still love it.  It has seen better days, the inside lining is a little make-up stained, but that just shows its been loved.

At Christmas my friend gave me a Ted Baker gift set, which came with a clear make-up bag. I have never used it and I'm not sure I ever will. The set itself was nice, I'm a sucker for gifts with their own bags. Its a nice little bag if your a fan of clear ones, I myself like to have everything hidden away since I know everything would be dirty and covered in make-up. For the lover of clear make-up bags this would be perfect, if I was a little tidier then I may want to use it, since it is pretty cute.

My Next Lipstick bag was a complete impulse buy, I saw it on eBay and instantly put a bid in for it. I won it and when it arrived realised I didn't even really want it. The bag is an odd shape, and it doesn't really stand up when you leave it alone. I should probably try to control my buying urges, and steal clear of eBay.

My absolute favourite make-up bag is one I bought around the same time that I got the one from Next. This one I was convinced I would use, and I think this is probably my favourite bag. I love the scalloped detailing and the dark blue colour. I think this bag could easily double up as a clutch on a night out - not that I ever go out, but you know if I did I could use this one.

Do you collect make-up bags? Or do you collect something else?



8 comments:

  1. I love the scalloped blue bag!! It's adorable! I have sooo many makeup bags from Ipsy. It's insane. Nice post! xo

    www.the-lipglossary.com
    <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! :)
      Its crazy how many makeup bags I have, I never use them. I think everyone has that one thing they have loads of :P

      X

      Delete
  2. I love cosmetic bags as well... That last one is lovely! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The last one is so lovely, I was so happy when I bought it from eBay for a couple of pounds. I think its originally from No7 :)

      Delete
  3. I am in desperate need for a new makeup bacg, one that i can carry about in my handbag, mine is so tatty!

    beautiesunlocked.blogspot.co.uk

    Lx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would 110% recommend looking on eBay for one, they usually have them for really cheap and either brand new of practically brand new.

      Delete

Please note, any comment that have nothing to do with my blog post and are just for "please follow me back" will be deleted.