31/08/2013

I've gotten a bit balmy

I don't mean I'm warm. No. What I mean is that my lip balm collection has become ridiculous. Every time I notice a new lip balm has come out or I see one I haven't tried before I get the overwhelming urge to buy it. There and then. No matter how many times I tell myself I've already got plenty.  And I will of course be buying ALL of the Baby Lips when they come out, which is very soon. I buy lip balms from all sorts of different shops, be they more expensive or on the cheap side. Be they balms or butters, tins or tubes, squeezey or twisty. I'll have them sooner or later. I store all the balms that I don't use in a cute little doggy tin (It used to store biscuits at Christmas)  that I keep in my dresser.



Bodyshop

I love the Bodyshop, and their lip products are no exception to this. I have 1 lip butter and 3 born lippy tubs. The born lippy tubs smell heavenly; I have Strawberry, Raspberry and Watermelon. The Raspberry one isn't anything magical, but the other two, oh my days. I could sniff them for the rest of my life. They are really moisturising and they last forever, I've had the tubs for a looong time and they show no sign of giving up soon. The lip butter I have is the chocolate scented one. in all honestly I don't know why I bought this, it smells lovely but I don't think I'm really ever going to use it.

Nivea

The Nivea Lip butters are a massive favourite of mine, I can only hope they bring out more scents. I have the Caramel Cream one and Raspberry Rose ones. I did a post on them awhile ago, so if you want to find out what I think of them you could go back and read it there.

Lip Smackers

I have had these for the longest time, I used to constantly lose them so always had 3 or 4 going at the one time, I've removed the really old ones since its a little gross to use something on your lips for three or four years.( Especially when your only meant to keep them for 24 months) The two I have left are the Sprite one and the Fanta one, they smell beautiful and are quite hydrating. I would say the only thing about them is they leave a colour on your lips, and since the Sprite one is white its really not a good look.

Wilko

At Christmas I always get lip balms, its one of those things I always get. Last Christmas my mum bought me a pack from Wilkinsons, it had 3 "flavoured" lip balms in it. They are Grape, Strawberry and Watermelon. The only one that is nice smelling is the grape one, its smells lovely. I'm a huge sucker for grape scents. The other two smell a tiny bit sickly, or they don't smell at all.

Another I got for Christmas is one that I don't really use all that often. Its From Avon and is called Sugar Cookie. Its got a really nice scent, it smells just like biscuits do. Smells almost good enough to eat. I don't use this all that often just down the the fact that the smell lingers, so I can smell my biscuit lips for quite a while after I've put it on.

One that I have been using a lot recently is Lips Bee Healthier by Jason. I got this free in a glossy box last year and never got around to using it. It smells just like after eights, its also super moisturising. I switch up the lip balms I use regularly as I find after a month or so my lips get used to the product and start getting sore and dry again.

I wasn't sure if I was going to include this in this post as I wasn't sure if this was a protector for the lips or if it was a product for colour. Jelly Pong Pong Irish Cream Pavlova is such a lovely product, another of which I received in a Glossy Box. It smells like bubble gum and has a slight tint to it. You can apparently use this on your cheeks, but I find that its slightly sticky so would probably be quite hard to apply.

The next I have is a Burts Bees Lip tin. I can not figure out what the smell is, and I wouldn't say its a lovely smell - it smells quite fresh but slightly medically. I love this for the winter as it is really hydrating for your lips and in the colder months my lips need all the help they can get.

The final one I have is the one I am currently using. Its a Cherry Carmex, when I first used this my lips always used to tingle. The memories. It has SPF 15 which is always good to have, don't want to burn your lips in the sun. This small little tube is like the tardis though, I say that as I have been using it for a LONG time and I'm still no where near finishing it.



4 comments:

  1. There is something about lip balms that just makes you want them! I think it is because they are so small - I often forget which ones I have!

    Rachel x

    thedrugstorelife.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah! They also have a nasty habit of disappearing so you buy more to make up for the ones you lost :)

      Delete
  2. You have so many! I really want to try the Nivea ones. Been hearing great stuff about them.

    Zoe
    The Caribbean Flower

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are quite good, they make your lips feel really soft :)

      Delete

Please note, any comment that have nothing to do with my blog post and are just for "please follow me back" will be deleted.