19/09/2013

Blog Swap

A couple of months ago I got in touch with Zoe offering to send her some of the products that she featured in her international wishlist post. We decided it would be cool to do a swap, that way we both get to try products that we can't get our hands on. There are so many products I'd love to get my hands on American products but postage prices make it near impossible to do.
I had a lot of fun picking out what I was going to send Zoe, and had just as much fun packing it all up. I was really excited sending it off, I get overly excited when giving people gifts. When Zoe told me her box had arrived I was so happy, I was really excited for her to see what was inside - and I was really excited to see her thoughts on it. It made me even more excited for my box to come through!
Zoe received her box 2 days before I received mine. And I was really excited when it came through - my mum was even excited to see what was inside.
When I opened the box there was a lovely little note from Zoe, it was so sweet and now makes me feel bad that my note to her was so rubbish. 100 million thank you's to you Zoe! ( I had no trouble reading your note, your writing is lovely). On most - if not all - of the items Zoe had left little notes with little bits of info on her feelings on the items or why she bought them.
To say I'm excited to try out these products would be an understatement! Any free time I have will be spent playing around with all these items.
Lets get on to talking about zee items!


The first things I opened were a little sweetie and a keyring, It was really sweet and thoughtful of Zoe to include these and I wish I had thought to do the same!(next time I shall!) This picture really doesn't do justice how lovely the keyring is - it has already found its home with my house keys.

In the same little bubble wrapped package was a Wet N Wild Colour Icon trio, I've wanted to try something like this for ages! It seems like the perfect way to get into eye-shadow since each colour is labelled so you know where it should go on your eye. The colours are lovely neutrals - just my cup of tea.


The next thing was a Maybelline Colour Whisper, we don't get these in the UK yet so I asked Zoe if she could get me one. The colour is Berry Ready which is a beautiful berry toned red - perfect for the winter months! I wish it was acceptable to use smiley faces in blog posts, this one would most definitely be covered in ":D".  The packaging is really pretty, I would say cute but I doubt many people would agree with me, its quite dinky so should fit perfectly in my little storage drawer.


The next item I unwrapped was a Milani lipstick. For whatever reason I hadn't thought of Milani making lipsticks - silly me - I was honestly under the impression they only did their amazing blushes (thank you Zoe). The colour of this is Plumrose, and I have to say but this lipstick smells bloody amazing!! It smells like a sweet, but for the life of me I can't remember what one... The colour is a lovely dusty/ vintage pink? Or dark pinky/ purple? I'm not sure, but it is a lovely colour. Not one I'd usually go for but I really like the way it looks on, and so does my mum. (I can smell the beautiful smell while wearing it, heheheh)


Apologies for the dark photos, but these are the next things I got. I love shadow pencils, they are such an easy way to add a little bit of colour to your lids. So these Wet n Wild ones will be getting an awful lot of love and attention. Zoe got me the colours Graphite and Pixie. Zoe said that she has the lighter coloured one and that its a great inner corner colour - I've been trying to find a really lovely inner corner colour for ages so I'll definitely be trying this for that. Graphite looks to be a really dark brown, I do love me some good brown shadows.


The camera has not picked up the colour properly at all! But anyway, another eye pencil! ( :D ) I fear soon I may need a separate drawer just for eye shadow pencils! This one is by NYX and is one of their Jumbo Eye Pencils. We can get NYX over here, but I think we can only get it online - not the best when yo can't physically see the colour so I've never actually placed an order before. Filled my basket up many a time but never actually purchased. I think if I enjoy using this then it'll be the little push I needed to actually buy some stuff. (so many "actually's" there) the colour in the picture looks really brown, but its actua more of a champagne pink colour, in the shade Yogurt. I think this will be a good colour for days when I only want a light wash of colour. Unfortunately the cello tape held on really tightly to the pencil and took a little of the white paint stuff off the packaging. Sad face.


This NYX Mosaic powder, is like nothing I've ever seen. Also is it a blush? Is it a bronzer? I'm not really sure, I thought it was a blusher till I realised it said powder.... It's in the colour Peachy - further making me think its a blusher. I'm going to have to have a little play about with this to try find what its best suited for, I'm going to have so much fun with this. It is a lovely colour though and I will make it work for me.


As soon as I saw the packaging for this I started saying "oh my god" over and over again. I also may have squealed and bounced about. To be honest with you, I don't know why I've wanted one of these for so long or even as much as I have. It could just be the beautiful packaging - that's actually probably exactly what it is. But none the less, I am reallysuper, no, immensely excited to use this!It really is a Happy Booster, since I was really happy before I saw this and afterwards - well I was over the moon.


This Milani blusher is possibly the most beautiful colour of blush that I have ever seen. This had me "ooooing" when I saw it. Milani blushers are always talked about by American bloggers and YouTubers and I've wanted to try them for so long! This is such a beautiful colour, Thank you Zoe!! The blush is in the colour Luminoso, I can't wait to see how it looks on! 


Wet n Wild seems like such an amazing brand, and this lipstick looks like such a beautiful colour. The shade is Purty Persimmon, it is such a lovely orange red colour. Beautiful!


Zoe had said that these were the best knock offs for Bath and Body Works, and my oh my. If these are knock offs then I wonder how good the real things are. This body mist smells heavenly, its by essence of Beauty, I think... Zoe said she got this scent so that I could have a little reminder of the Caribbean. In the winter I think this will be lovely and fresh and a lovely reminder of the sunny weather that will be back (hopefully). 


I love hand sanitizer, and Zoe got me a hand sanitiser in the same scent. I'll be taking this with me to university with me so I can have clean hands all the time! Yay for hand sanitiser, the smell is so lovely and fresh.


Another thing from the scent range is a hand cream, this will probably also makes its way into my school bag. Now that winter is coming my hands are going to need a little moisture boost, this shall do the job nicely. 


The final item is a face mask. I love face masks and finding a good one is brilliant! Zoe says she really likes this one, and said it removes all the dirty stuff on your face. This makes me really excited to try this, if I like it I'll have to try find out where I can get it from in the UK. 
Thank you again Zoe, I love everything and I hope you enjoy everything you received as well! 

I hope you've enjoyed this post and please check out Zoe's blog, you'll love her blog and her just as much as I do. 

Have you tried out any of these items? What do you think of them? 

2 comments:

  1. I am so so glad you liked everything! I saw your youtube video and I was smiling the whole time. Also, I can't believe the box arrived so smashed. After I packed it with such love haha.

    Zoe
    The Caribbean Flower

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The box was looking a little bashed, but everything inside was safe :)
      I love everything - I've worn the Milani lipstick everyday since it came!

      X

      Delete

Please note, any comment that have nothing to do with my blog post and are just for "please follow me back" will be deleted.