24/09/2013

Maybelline 24Hr Foundation

I bought this foundation specifically for prom, with the intention of shoving it in a drawer after. However, using on prom I kind of fell in love with the coverage and finish it gave.
The packaging is nothing special, but it is simple and I think sometimes we forget to appreciate the simplicity of things. Especially when the packaging in no way effects how the foundation works. I've never been the kind of gal that has more than one foundation going at once, but now I am! Do I feel proud or a little ashamed?
But anyway, the foundation I would say is a medium coverage - and it is definitely build able. The colour selection isn't great, they have 7 shades to choose from so you might struggle to find a colour to fit your skin. I was quite lucky, the foundation seems to match my skin almost perfectly, I usually have the problem  of something being either slightly to dark or slightly to light.
It doesn't feel heavy on the skin, and it lasts a really long time on the skin. I have extremely oily skin, and I usually struggle with keeping my make-up on my face ( sounds mad, but its true) most of the time it seems to disappear. Not this though, I would say this gives a good 10 hours on my skin, other skin types could probably get even longer from this.
I think now they have brought this out in a new formula, and I think I might pick that one up - since it can only get better right? The new one is oil free (this could be as well, but I'm not sure) and says that it will give 24 hour wear( just like this one does) and will not transfer with heat, sweat or humidity.
Overall I'm pretty impressed with this, especially considering it only costs £8.99 - I do think it is slightly better than some high end foundations I've tried.

Have you tried this, what did you think of it? If not, what's your favourite foundation?

 

2 comments:

  1. I completely agree sometimes I look too much at the packaging rather than the actual foundation! Great post xx Rena Kiss and Make Up

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm going to have to stop automatically judging something by how it looks - 9 time out of 10 its a brilliant product!!

      Delete

Please note, any comment that have nothing to do with my blog post and are just for "please follow me back" will be deleted.