30/09/2013

Real Technique Brushes

My love affair with Real Technique brushes started when I got really into watching Pixiwoo on YouTube. I had never used a make-up brush to put my make-up on before buying these - even my eye shadow was put on with those rubbish sponge things.


My collection is slowly growing, the first Real Techniques brushes I bought was the Core Collection. This is such a lovely set, and the brushes are so versatile. I use 3 out of 4 of the brushes in the set, but recently I have been using all 4.


The detailer brush is meant for concealer and can even be used for lipstick application. I use this brush for applying my lipstick, I find that it lasts so much longer using a brush to apply it than applying straight to my lips. I also found that I could get a nicer shape, and not go over the lines by using a brush.


The pointed foundation brush is one of the brushes I don't use very often. It's meant for liquid foundation but I find I can get a nicer finish if I use the buffing brush to apply my foundation. I've started to use this now though to brush over my face to soften out any lines on my face.

One of the brushes I use most often is the Contour brush. I love this brush, I have a chubby little face and I love the way I can make my face look by using my Sleek Face Form kit. I use this for 3 different things. - blush, bronzer( contour) and highlight. I am in desperate need of getting myself a blush brush, and some brush cleanser.
Buffing brush. Well, what can I say about this? It is fantastic! I use this to apply my foundation, I don't use it straight away. I first use my fingers to apply the foundation and then finish off with the buffing brush, I think it just gives a really nice flawless looking finish.
The brush isn't specifically for liquid foundation, in fact I don't think that is what it's meant for at all, they say that you can use it for full coverage application of powder and mineral foundation.
This is such a lovely set and totally worth £21.99.


One of my newer sets of brushes is the Eyes Starter Set. I got this set from a site called iherb. Iherb is an American site that sells loads of different health care things along with quite a few different make-up brands - including physicians formula. This set cost me around £12(£21.99 in the UK), which is a massive saving! I've not had much of a chance to play around with these yet so I wont be able to give a huge amount of detail on these. The kit contains:

Base shadow brush, this is the brush you would probably just use for any wash of colour on your lids.  The brush is really soft and fluffy, it's really dense as well so will be perfect for packing on shadows.


The deluxe crease brush is just the thing I was needing. I've gone for so long with one cheap fluffy shadow brush. Been unable to do any proper make-up looks because of my serious lack of brushes. The crease brush is lovely, soft and thick. It looks like the perfect size for fitting into the crease of the lid. It's described as brig " soft, oversized design for effortless contouring". Perfect. Just what I needed.


Pixel point liner brush this is quite a thick brush considering what it is meant to be for, I'm by sure what else I could use it for but I'm sure I could think of something.

The brow brush looks like it would be really nice for using powder to fill in your brows, it seems quite thick and sturdy so your brows should be looking lovely in no time.
I wasn't sure what The Accent Brush was for, it's said to be "designed for precision detailing, spotlighting, highlighting, and smudging". I think I could use this for highlighting my brow bone - instead of using my finger - and maybe even making a smoky eye? I'm not sure, so many possibilities.

Another brush I recently bought also from iherb, is the Fine Liner brush. I love gel liner, and have been wanting to buy a nice eye liner brush for quite awhile so I could get a nicer line. It's really soft and the perfect size for the cat eye flick. This cost me about £3/4 so I saved about 50%. Bargains!!

If your planning on using iherb.com, you can use the code VKK826 for up to $10 off your order! Gotta love a discount code.

What are your favourite brushes? Do you like Real Techniques brushes? 

2 comments:

  1. I loveeeeee RT brushes so much, they're just amazing quality and make my makeup look amazing xx

    Gemma | Miss Makeup Magpie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah! I may have made another iherb order for a couple more :D

      Delete

Please note, any comment that have nothing to do with my blog post and are just for "please follow me back" will be deleted.