05/10/2013

Boots Haul


I didn't break my spending ban I swear! I did however buy this stuff the day before I started my spending ban. I probably didn't need any of this, but I justified it by the fact that I had been wanting the things for quite awhile. So, yeah... I bought a few quite a bit of make-up and one bit of skin care - my skin care item was definitely not needed. I thought I would mention now that I am sorry at the terrible picture quality, didn't notice how bad they were till after I uploaded. Also sorry for the next picture, it wasn't on my camera so I had to re-take it hence the different location.


I've never been one for doing anything with my eye brows - at least not on a daily basis. But I decided while having a little look around Boots that I would maybe try some eye brow products. The ones I bought were from Maybelline, I think they are relatively new? I got the Maybelline Master Shape brow pencil since it looked pretty good and was really affordable at just £2.99. I got the colour Soft Brown, I'm not 100% sure if this is the right colour for my brows - but they only have two colour choices and this was the darker of the two. I'm going to give it a go though and see how it goes.


I also bought the Maybelline Brow Drama Sculpting Brow Mascara. I got the colour Medium Brown, and again I'm not 100% sure if this is the right colour for me. They had a few colour options, and this looked like it should be my colour - I'm not sure though. Hopefully it does match my eye brow colour though, loads of people have been talking about this and I hope it is as good as they have been saying. It was £4.99, so even if it doesn't suit me then it's not like I've wasted a fortune on it.


I also got myself a couple of Soap and Glory products, I have been wanting to try some Soap and Glory make-up for so long, I don't really know why I haven't picked anything up from them before. I love Soap and Glory bath and body stuff, so I'm hoping I love the make-up just as much. The first item I got was the Kick Ass Concealer, this hasn't been on my "want" list for as long as some other things but it has been on there for quite awhile. It got the colour Light, this looks like a pretty impressive little concealer. Its a three step concealer kit - can I call it a kit? Step 1 and 2 are the concealers, one is a slightly pink toned and the other is more yellowy. Does anyone know what the different concealers are for? Step 3 is a little setting powder, so your concealer stays in place. There is a little powder puff type thing in the powder section - the powder is in a flip up section above the concealers. In the concealer section there is a decent sized mirror. The concealer is quite compact, its smaller than the palm of my hand so if you want to take it about with you, then you can with ease. It costs £10 to buy, I got mine from Boots while they had a buy one get 2nd half price so I got this for £5. The packaging is nice as well, but I won't go into that just now otherwise this post will be crazy long.

Also from Soap and Glory I bought One Heck of a Blot, this is probably the item that has been on my wish list for the longest. And now I finally have it! I have Rimmel Stay Matte Powder, I like it don't get me wrong, but I think it could be better. I've wanted this for ages because some people say that they do think it is better than Stay Matte. It is a little bit more expensive than the Rimmel one, as this one is £12 to buy, so hopefully it is worth the money. The packaging is super cute - what else can you expect from Soap and Glory.


The last couple of make-up bits I got were from Seventeen. These haven't been on my wishlist for very long - a couple of weeks probably. Ever since I saw these I wanted to try them. What can I say I love make-up. Some people buy shoes or bags - I buy make-up. Seventeen have been brining out a lot of products recently, I've not tried many of them but these caught my eye. The Phwoarr Paint - a heavy duty under eye concealer - and the Flawless Poreless Primer. I got the phwoarr paint in the shade fair, since that was the lightest one. I've never had a problem with dark circles or anything before but the early university starts and the lack of sleep is beginning to get to me and my eyes are looking a little dark. The phwoarr paint costs £5.49, pretty good for a good under eye concealer.


My make-up does not stay on my face very long, not at all. Slightly annoying, as by around 3pm I'm left looking washed out and extremely tired. I've tried most cheaper primers with no luck so far. The Flawless Poreless Primer will hopefully do something to help my make-up last longer. It feels really creamy, I don;t have a problem with pores so I'm hoping this still does something for me. This costs slightly more than the concealer at £5.99. Its super cheap, so its worth a go.


The last thing I bought was the La Roche-Posay Efficlar Duo, again university life has not been treating me to well. Late nights, early morning, excessive amounts of alcohol - that is never a good idea - and eating badly has made my skin oilier and spottier than usual. I really only decided to buy this as it was cheaper than usual - £9.75. Hopefully this will balance out my skin, it certainly couldn't make it any worse.


Have you tried any of these products? What has been on your wishlists? 

2 comments:

Please note, any comment that have nothing to do with my blog post and are just for "please follow me back" will be deleted.