15/10/2013

Starting Off: Eyeshadow

I love eyeshadows. Always have always will, but sometimes I find that it can be quite difficult to recreate - or even make your own - eye look. I've only very recently managed to recreate eye shadow looks properly - and by properly I mean, it looks pretty semi decent once I'm finished. Nothing great or overly fancy. 
Eye shadow can come in quite a few forms, the post popular probably being pressed powder. But you can also get it in loose powder, cream, gel and pencil form - there is probably another way you can get it but to be honest with you I can't quite put my finger on what it could be. 

I personally love the pencil form shadows, I find them so easy to use and you can get them for really cheap. My favourites are the Collection shadow pencils, they are so creamy and don't crease! I think Bourjois have recently brought out their own shadow pencils, but I've not tried them - yet. 
Pencils, gels and creams are probably the easiest to work with, since all you really need is your fingers - I find it so much easier to use my fingers to blend it out rather than using a brush. 
Powders are - I would say - the harder of the shadow types to use. With loose powders being the most difficult, I don't own any loose powders - due to the fact that I always manage to spill it everywhere! I don't really think loose shadows are worth it. 
Pressed shadows on the other hand. These give you so much choice when it comes to eye looks. How you want to apply it is really up to you! Play around with it and see what you like best. Myself, well I'm defiantly more of a natural kind of gal, I tend to shy away from bold looks. 


For beginners I would definitely recommend pencil shadows - especially if your only wanting a wash of colour to last you all day. If you as wanting to go for making some looks then I would recommend buying a palette. It may be the more expensive option, but it's better than having lots of little single or other small eyeshadow things. You don't even have to spend a fortune on a good palette, MUA do crazy good ones and so do Sleek for less than £10. If you're wanting to spend a little more then I can't recommend the Stila 'In The Light' palette enough, I think it is around £25 comes with 10 amazing shadows, a eye liner and most importantly, for me at least, a little book of looks. I think having a look book with a palette is really helpful and in not sure how many others give one out with their palettes. 
Brush wise, you don't need to spend a fortune to get really good ones. Real techniques have an insanely good kit and eBay have some pretty good sets as well!  I think that eyeshadow is maybe one of the harder things to do when your just starting out with makeup, I mean look at me I'm 18 and have probably been wearing makeup for about 4/5 years and that's me only just figuring out how to do eye looks. Once you get the hang of it though it is so worth it, and if your anything like me you'll probably want to buy quite a few more palettes. 

Who makes your favourite type of eyeshadow?




2 comments:

  1. i also find loose powders a fuss to use and get it all over face lol maybelline colour tattoo eyeshadows are amazinggggg

    yukluistyle

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The times I've used loose powders they either fall off the brush or fall out the tubs, so so messy.
      I really want to get a few more of the colour tattoos they are so good :)

      Delete

Please note, any comment that have nothing to do with my blog post and are just for "please follow me back" will be deleted.