22/10/2013

Starting Off: Lips


Possibly my favourite make-up part. Lipstick. I know there is more to lip products than just lipstick, but come on guys lets be honest - Lipstick is the best part. I only own one lipgloss, so I'll probably not talk much about that.
Lip product wise there is so many options, from lip balm to lip stains. The possibilities for colours are near endless. If you have a colour in mind, a brand is bound to have a colour for you. Price wise as well there is something for all budgets, be you only wanting to spend a few pounds or having the ability to spend 20. I own two "high end" lipsticks, and the rest that I have are all under £10 - they could even be under £7/8. 
I personally love MAC lipsticks - I may only own one real one but I find them to be amazing - they are on the pricier side, but they are so worth it. I have So Chaud, it is crazy pigmented and lasts a good 7 hours before I need to reapply - I went out with my friends one night and it lasted from when I put it on at 9pm till when I came in. It was also still visible on my lips the next day when I woke up!!
Lipstick wise, all brands sell them. I really love Maybellines choice of colours and the different types they have - Revlon also have amazing ones.

Along with getting them in stick form, they come in stain, balm, gloss, tint and a few more I believe. I think for beginners the pencil looking lip products are really good. I know Bourjois has some out - I've not actually tried them yet but loads of people rave about them - and Revlon have one as well. The Just Bitten Kissable Balm Stains. Oh my oh my. These things are just phenomenal! They last a long time, smell lovely and come in quite a few different colours. They aren't maybe as pigmented as I'd like them to be but the colour pay off is pretty good. 
I'm beginning to run out of things to say - I honestly never thought that would happen.
Lipliner wise, I wouldn't say it is a must have - I would put it down to personal preference. I personally don't use it, I don't even own a lip liner. Some love them, others just find it an unnecessary step. 
One thing I would say is you really should prep the lips. Using a lip scrub once or twice a week before you apply lipstick, and then using a really good lip balm to moisturise your lips. Doing this helps your lipstick last so much longer than it usually would, and of course it makes it look so much nicer.
My final note shall be about how you can apply it, I think their are two options you can use. Firstly, being straight from the stick ( is it also called a bullet?), fairly easy - if you want a more exact finish then you could use the second option. That is using a little brush. I use my Real Techniques Detailer Brush to apply lipstick, I find it gives such a better finish than applying straight onto the lips.

So yeah, I hope this post has been of help to someone or been kind of interesting?


1 comment:

Please note, any comment that have nothing to do with my blog post and are just for "please follow me back" will be deleted.