30/10/2013

TIGI Split End Mender


Over the past few months I've been trying to take better care of my hair, I have a big problem with split ends and have been trying to reduce this. And recently I've been switching between two products that are meant to try and combat split ends. One by Tresemee and the other by TIGI. These two feel very different, despite the fact that they are supposed to do the same job. I'm probably going to compare the two quite a fair bit - although I will try not to.
After my birthday a couple of months ago I went a little mad buying lots and lots of beauty type items, the TIGI Split End Mender was one of the items I bought during my mad spending spree. I've not really got around to using it, until recently.
To the boring stuff first, I think this costs around £11 to buy, could maybe slightly more or even slightly less. You get quite a lot for the money, a grand 237ml of product packaged in a pink bottle with a green lid.
This genuinely smells amazing, just like your hair smells after you go to the hair dressers. Bliss. The product itself is very liquidy, at least in comparison to the Tresemme one. I do think it not being creamy, makes it slightly easier to work with. I really only tend to use this on wet hair, before I use heat protection or blow dry my hair. You only need a little since it goes such a long way. I don't think this has fixed any split ends - and to be honest with you I didn't expect it to. But I do think the ends of my hair are no where near as dry as they were before, huge bonus as now it doesn't look brittle and straw like.

Have you tried any leave in treatments or split end serums? 

6 comments:

  1. I like the sound of the smell of it and that it makes your hair softer- but for £11 I'd want it to get rid of my split ends! Great review :)
    Rosy x
    http://www.rostinted.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know :/ I think I got it for slightly cheaper during the feelunique sale :)

      Delete
  2. I'm such a sucker for packaging... the colors alone make me want to buy this.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The colours are so bright and lovely, its a nice leave in treatment but it doesn't fix any split ends :/

      Delete
  3. I'm coming from Gemma's blog (Miss Makeup Magpie). :) What a pretty bright pink bottle! The only treatments I use for my hair are Moroccan argan oil or straight up organic coconut oil. They work wonders on my hair. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Hello! The bottle is so lovely, the colours brighten up my black and white room a little :) I really want to try Moroccan Oil but its a little expensive - I think TK Maxx do huge bottles for a decent price though :) I've heard people talk a lot about coconut oil, might give that a go as well haha :)

      Delete

Please note, any comment that have nothing to do with my blog post and are just for "please follow me back" will be deleted.