12/11/2013

Barry M Matte Nail Paint

Barry M in my option are one of the best brands for nail polish. Their Gelly Shine ones are my favourite for formulation and lasting power so when I saw that they had brought out a collection of matte polishes I grabbed one straight away. These have been out for over a month though before I even noticed them in Boots. They only had a choice of 5 colours - I hope they bring out more. All bar one of the colours weren't something I usually went for, so I decided to just go with what I love and bought the red one in the colour Crush.
I love the matte finish, it looks so sleek and classy. When you first apply the nail polish, it looks really shiny but very quickly dries to a matte finish. I do find that I need two coats of this to get a really good solid colour.
I've worn the polish on both my toes and my finger nails, on my toes its lasted so well - not even a chip and I've had it on for over a week. On my finger nails though, well it doesn't last very well.
I applied it one night before I went to a club with my friends and when I woke up the next morning it was all chipped. I was a little disappointed by this, since I wasn't doing anything excessive. Holding cups and dancing like a loony toon. I think I'm going to need to find myself a good matte top coat, maybe that will help it last longer. Since having to reapply nail polish every day is a bit of a hassle and not really what your wanting.
All in all though, the nail polish is really nice and considering they only cost about £3.99 they are worth trying out.
Have you tried these, how did you get on with them?


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please note, any comment that have nothing to do with my blog post and are just for "please follow me back" will be deleted.