24/11/2013

Christmas Gift Guide/Ideas | Stocking Fillers

When I wake up on Christmas morning, the first thing I do is grab my rather large stocking and take it up stairs to open it with my mum and brother on my mums bed. This is just something we have done for as long as I can remember, and I don't think we're going to stop any time soon.
My opinion on a stocking filler is anything small, and priced below £15. To my mum that usually means little things like socks, toothbrush, pyjamas, "smellies" (as my mum would call it), face masks, chocolate and other smallish beauty items. For my friends this year I'm doing the whole stocking type presents. So that will mean they get lots of little cute things to open. I really hope they don't suddenly decide to read my blog - other wise their Christmas is going to be ruined., well not ruined but it wont be nearly as surprising. 
This little gift idea post will heavily feature Boots and I think I might even take myself to Lush for a few of their Christmas bits to add in here.
First up from Boots is a brand whose gifts I really don't think you can go wrong with. And that brand is Soap and Glory. Soap and Glory have something for all price ranges, so be you only looking to spend around a fiver or upwards of £30 - they have something for you.
At the lower end of the price range I have the Soap and Glory Good, Butter, Best Gift Set. This costs £8 and I bought this for one of my friends so they can try out a few of S&G's body butters without having to buy the full sized ones first. This little set comes with The Righteous Butter, Sugar Crush body butter and Butter Yourself.
Since this is a stocking filler gift guide, the higher range sets aren't really what I would call stocking filler material. So I think I might skip over the other things from S&G, the only other thing I would maybe consider putting in a stocking from Soap and Glory is their Washful Thinking set - a hand wash and a moisturiser. Little sets like this are really cute I think, and most brands offer something similar to this.
Another thing I've bought for my friends is bath salts. I've got some for both my friends from two different brands. One from Betty and Walter, these smell seriously good. The tub is huuuuge as well, such good value for £6 - it also comes with a cute little scoop. The other bath salts are from Laura Ashley, they also cost £6 but the amount you get makes it less value for money than the Betty and Walters one. The packaging is really cute though - that's probably what you're paying for.
This is fast becoming a very wordy post.
The last thing I'm going to add to this quite wordy post is something no Christmas Stocking can be without. That is of course socks! I love socks, and these are the cutest darn things ever! These sock baubles are the cutest things ever and they cost £5 each. They come in two different designs - one with penguins and the other with Rudolf on them.
Other things I plan on putting in my friends stockings is things like sweeties, nail polish, face masks and other things like that. 
I hope this post was interesting to you. 
What are you going to be getting your friends and family this year?

4 comments:

  1. such a sweet post! I really want them bath salts love the little spade with it so cute!!
    now following!
    lots of love,
    Laura x
    www.teaseflutterpout.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My mum really loves the smell of the bath salts - might have to get her one of them as well :)

      xo

      Delete
  2. I love that Soap and Glory set!
    New follower
    Gold Dust
    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hopefully my friend will love it as well!

      Delete

Please note, any comment that have nothing to do with my blog post and are just for "please follow me back" will be deleted.