13/11/2013

Halloween Blog Swap

Hello y'all! I'm just home from a long hard day at work, sigh, but when I got home I was welcomed by this little wonderful box of goodies. A little while back I signed up to do Jasmine's Halloween Swap, and I got paired up with Maddi from Dolce Beauty. Maddi is from Sydney Australia, and her blog is so lovely and I really enjoy reading it. I loved buying things for her and chatting to her along the way - shes going to be travelling to the UK soon and hopefully she comes to Scotland ( we can meet each other for reals!)
So I fell asleep, and I'm now finishing this a couple of days later.When I opened the box I was so happy, everything was so neatly packed, and it looked so lovely. What was inside was even more lovely. The Box, the wrapping, everything was so lovely and thoughtful!

  I feel bad that mine was so heavily wrapped in bubble wrap, sorry Maddi! Inside the box Maddi had written two little notes, one to read at the start and the other to read once everything had been opened ( it gave a little info about the items and her thoughts on them :) ) So now, lets get onto the swap items! :)
 One of the items Maddi sent me was an Australis Get the Look face palette. Maddi said in the second note that she uses this as her every day face. I've not yet used this, but the eye shadows look so pretty and the bronzer looks like a really good colour for my skin tone.

Another of the items was a Maybelline Colour Whisper. The one Maddi sent me was in the colour Lust For Blush, and I'll be honest when I first saw it I wasn't impressed with it - its not a colour I'd ever go for. But I tried it on today and oh my baby Jesus, this is a definite your lips but better colour. For days when I'm not really wanting to wear a bold lip but do want some kind of colour this will be prefect. 


Next up is an Australis concealer. I don't own a full coverage concealer - at least not one that works amazingly for me. I've not used this properly yet, but I tested the colour over a freckle and its a pretty heavy duty concealer - the colour is slightly to dark for me, but I think it will be okay once I have foundation and stuff on. I guess I'll just need to get myself a nice little tan - a holiday is needed I think.
I've wanted to try one of these for awhile now, I've never been 100% sure about what this is exactly for, but I've wanted to try it for so long. Maddi says this has a huge following in Australia, and is apparently a really good lip balm - yippee! My lips will have a saviour! It also says you can use this on cuts, scrapes and burns - so it seems like a huge wonder product.
Oh blusher. Why do I love you so much but never wear you? Why, oh why. This is such a beautiful colour, and I think I need to wear it every day. A beautiful pinky gold blusher, not so much perfect for the winter, but what the heck, why not wear these colours all year round?
Eye shadow is something I don't have a lot of, and I certainly don't have any super pretty colours like this one by essence. When I first swatched this I really didn't expect it to be as pigmented as it was, this is going to be such a lovely colour for a Christmas eye look - maybe even to use as a highlight colour or in the inner corner? So many plans for this lovely shadow.
One of the items I've use most is this Australis lip gloss. I would say that even though this is a gloss the colour it gives is just like a lip stick or a lip stain, its really moisturising and smells so bloody good! If your lucky enough to live in Australia go check these out - give them a long sniff. It also has SPF 30 in it, which will be nice in the Summer months when we get a little bit of sunshine.

I had so much fun talking to Maddi and getting to know her :) 
I hope to continue talking to you and maybe see you when you come to the UK. 


4 comments:

  1. Looks like you got a great selection of goodies! I'm from Australia and I totally adore Face of Australia, they have excellent products :) I also read Maddi's post - those palettes you got her are very pretty!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I'm going to have to try and find somewhere that I can order some Face of Australia and Australis products from - I need more!! :)
      In the UK we have quite a few lovely little palettes it was so hard trying to pick only a couple for Maddi :)
      x

      Delete
  2. Thanks so much for taking part in my swap, I'm so happy you got paired up with someone as lovely as Maddi! Glad you enjoyed everything you received! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for pairing me with someone as brilliant as Maddi - don't think I could have asked for a better swap parter! :)
      xx

      Delete

Please note, any comment that have nothing to do with my blog post and are just for "please follow me back" will be deleted.