04/11/2013

Soap and Glory - One Heck Of A Blot Powder


For the longest time I've been using the Rimmel Stay Matte Powder, always loving it. But always wanting more from it. I always found it very powdery, more recently I found it left visible powder on my face. Leaving my face looking chalky and sometimes even caked. Not cool.
I had always seem people talk about Soap and Glorys powder, and after hearing Essiebutton talk about it again I decided to go ahead and buy it. One Heck of A Blot, oh my.  You perfect little powder.
I will say right now, it is quite a bit more expensive than Stay Matte - its £12 - almost 3 times more expensive. But to be quite honest with you, it is totally worth every penny you pay.


The packaging is the typical retro style packaging that is usual for Soap and Glory, it love it. It is very unique, and quite quirky. The powder itself, has as you can see the word powder embossed into it. This like with all designs on powder products, fades after about 6 uses. 
The powder is so finely milled, such an overused word for face powders, but it is really the only way to describe it. When you apply this you don't even notice the powder on your skin, unlike the Stay Matte one. It also makes your skin feel really soft and silky, I do like a bit of baby soft skin.

The powder is crazy good at keeping oil at bay. Before I started using this, I would apply my make-up at 8am and by around 4pm my face would be really shiney and oily. Not exactly a good look. Now though, I don't start to get shiney until waaay after 6pm, and when I do start to look a bit oily it is only a tiny bit! Until I pay the price for an even more expensive one this is my new holey grail shine control product!

Have you found anything to keep oil at bay and control shine?

6 comments:

  1. This seems like such a great product! I've been using the Rimmel Stay Matte powder for a while now and while I do like it, I'm looking for a change all the same! I love pretty much all of the Soap&Glory range, so I'll have to give this powder a try. Thanks for the review!



    Typical Teen Times!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the lovely review ! Might check it out in store if I ever finish my current one ! :) x
    Currently using the No7 perfect light loose powder and it works pretty well for me ^___^

    http://krystallvl.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've not tried that one, I'll maybe give that one a go :)

      Delete
  3. love soap and glory products! not tried this one though, sounds good!

    ordaining serendipity

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Its so good, if you need a new powder definitely try this :)

      Delete

Please note, any comment that have nothing to do with my blog post and are just for "please follow me back" will be deleted.