29/11/2013

Starting Off: Bronzer

Bronzer is something I don't tend to use. I own one in a Sleek palette - so as you could guess this is going to be a fairly short post. I was considering not doing this post, but I decided to just go ahead with it. I like how bronzer looks on other people, but I can never seem to master it. I end up looking like I've had a fight in some mud, not cool.
Bronzer is basically used to give people that summer sun kissed glowy look all year round. I envy those of you who can pull off bronzer. When I use bronzer I use it purely for contouring my cheeks. I bought the Sleek face form kit purely to try out contouring, and when I do contour I love how it looks. When applying, I start off the application by sucking my cheeks in and making a little fishy face. After I've found the area I'm applying it I stop sucking in my cheeks and blend away. I tend to only bring it down a little, otherwise I look a little silly. I don't usually take it any further down than where the apples of my cheeks is. That is the only place that I apply bronzer but you can if you want apply it on your temples, your hair line and your jaw - essentially any where the sun would naturally hit you.
Remember to go in lightly, and if needed then you can add more. Trying to rectify a heavy hand will be harder than gradually adding more. When applying, I use my Real Techniques contour brush, it just creates such a lovely effect - something I don't think a big fluffy brush could.

Are you a fan of applying bronzer? 

9 comments:

  1. Bought my first bronzer today! Hope I won't look like a barbie as my skin's rather pale:)

    avid-apparel.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Just go in with a light hand - that way you shouldn't look like Barbie :)

      Delete
  2. not usually a big fan of bronzing powders but a great, informative post all the same lovely :)

    Tigerlily's Beauty Blog

    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I only really ever wear bronzer when I'm going to a club - can't really be bothered with it for day time wear.

      Delete
  3. I love bronzer I wear it pretty much everyday so I love this haha xx



    www.jesscaedmunds.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wish I had time to apply it every day :)

      Delete
  4. I'm still struggling on contouring my face. Thanks for the tips! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really love this product as well and also use the RT contour brush to apply it. It is so easy to use and to carry around. Sometimes I can find it a bit too orange though in Winter or maybe I am just applying too much! X

    ReplyDelete

Please note, any comment that have nothing to do with my blog post and are just for "please follow me back" will be deleted.