16/11/2013

The 2013 Christmas TAG

Last week as I had a mental argument with myself on wither or not I should get up, I took to Blogger and Bloglovin' thinking that after I read a  few blogs I would get up - that kind of worked, but I mostly got up because my mum kept pestering me. I noticed Georgia from Makeup-Pixi3 had made another TAG, this time it was a Christmas one. I love Christmas, everything about it is amazing. I tend to prefer the colder weather to hot weather - I just can't cope with being hot and sticky, I'd much prefer to be cold wrapped up in several jumpers, gloves, hats and scarves. So after reading her questions, I couldn't help but do it. I am typing this now, the day she posted it - so a week before posting this.
I have to admit this year, I'm doing a pretty shoddy job of getting Christmas presents. Since last year I had most of mine bought by this time last year - I like being organized and avoiding the town like its the black plague at this time of year. I think I'm maybe less prepared this year because I don't have nearly as many people to buy presents for, over the next few weeks though I want to get plans for everyones presents and buy them before the end of the month. There is no way in hell I am going to try and go shopping in town during December. Anyhoo, enough about buying presents and town - lets get into the TAG!


1.  Do you prefer a real Christmas tree or synthetic?
I've never actually had a real tree, but I do love how they look. My mum has always gone for a synthetic one just down to the fact in the long run its cheaper - and it doesn't moult. I could never really see the prefect real tree so I've never pushed to have a real one. Maybe one day. 

2.  You're in a coffee shop, it's December, what do you pick?
Um, this is really the first year I've had lots of festive drinks, although last year my mum took me to Costa and I had their Black Forest Hot Chocolate. It was so yummy and I'll probably get that again this year, but I'd love to try new ones - so please tell me what ones you love :) 

3.  Whats your favourite colour scheme for decorating the tree?
Our Christmas trees tend to look like someone just threw decorations on it, theres not really a colour scheme but I'd love a dark purple and silver colour scheme - I saw it in a shop once and it looked so pretty.

4.  Giving or receiving?
Definitely giving. I'm the type of person that spends waaaay to much time looking out presents and makes pintrest boards dedicated to wrapping. Getting presents is great too, but nothing beats the look on someones face when you give them their present :) 

5.  To mince pie or not to?
Not. Everyone in my family loves mince pies, I personally just find them yucky and my mum ends up buying mince pies for her and my brother and little apple pies for me. 

6.  What's your traditional sunday lunch?
I wasn't 100% sure what this was asking - does that make me really dim? But I think this is about Christmas lunch/ dinner? If it is, what we eat on Christmas tends to change every year. Some times we have a buffet, other times its a traditional turkey dinner, with sprouts and pigs in blankets ect, last year though it was a pork roast we had - so random but thats what my aunt made :) I'm not a huge fan of turkey unless it is smothered in gravy,  I much prefer the buffet.

7.  Christmas day fashion
In the morning its just PJ's and lounging around. Is there a better way to chill out? For the family dinner, its usually quite a snazzy affair. My mum brother and I usually get a new outfit specifically for Christmas. That does however mean that I have 3 or 4 dresses that I've only worn once.

8.  What's your favourite Christmas song?
I don't have a favourite Christmas song as such, but I do love the pogues fairytale of new york. I hear it every year, and I love it. Its such a stupid song but its soooo good!

9.  What's your favourite Christmas film?
Again, I don't tend to watch many Christmas films but I do love ELF, I mean who doesn't?

10.  Open presents before or after lunch?
We don't have Christmas lunch, we do dinner. So we always open our presents before we eat - I love waking everyone up before the suns even up. I have always been one to get up around 7, I get waaaay to excited :) 

I'm not tagging anyone, but if you do this please let me know so I can read your answers

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please note, any comment that have nothing to do with my blog post and are just for "please follow me back" will be deleted.