02/11/2013

The Konjac Sponge | Bamboo Charcoal

Awhile back I bought myself a Konjac Sponge and have been meaning to use it for the longest time. Recently though I've been trying to take better care of my skin and decided using the Konjac might be a good thing to try using.
I bought my Konjac Sponge from feelunique.com for £6.99, I may have got it during the sale for slightly less. Konjac Sponges are 100% natural, and are made from Vegetable Fibres with Bamboo Charcoal. The bamboo charcoal sponge is ideally for those with oily, spot prone skin, blackheads and outbreaks. My skin is ridiculously oily and recently I've been having quite a problem with spots - they just keep appearing!! 
The sponge is pretty damn cool, it can clean your face with out even using face wash - you if you want but you don't need to. It also gently exfoliates your skin, its abrasive enough that it works - meaning I now don't need to go out and buy myself a new facial scrub. 
Each sponge should last for about 2-3 months and when you're finished with it, don't worry - its completely biodegradable. 
I tend to use mine in the shower in the mornings and as a "first cleanse" at night time. I have to say when I first went to take this out the packaging it did feel quite weird - and by weird I mean it felt a bit jelly like? I did get a bit giggly - I'm such a child. I'm also going to mention it doesn't smell great... It doesn't smell bad as such, but it also doesn't smell particularly good.
The sponge is quite big, when I put in in my hand I was surprised to see that it was slightly bigger than my palm.

When using this I found that it felt lovely on the skin, soft and squidgy. I found that it was easier to press the sponge flat between my hands instead of squeezing it in one hand - I think it will hold the shape better as well.  
This removes pretty much all my make-up with very little effort. It can remove eye make-up as well, but I prefer to use a eye make-up remover for that. Your face feels very clean after using it, but it doesn't feel stripped - like sometimes it can. 
After using it I hung it up by the string on a little hook I have in my shower. It recommends you hang it to dry as your sponge could go off quicker if you leave it flat - since it probably will retain water. 
So far I've really enjoyed using this, and have started to notice an improvement in my skin. This is definitely going to become a must have in my daily skin care routine. 

Have you tried a Konjac Sponge? 


6 comments:

  1. If been using mine for a while now. I have the French Clay one x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. my bamboo one fell apart, but the people at Konjac were so lovely and sent me another one out since I'd only had it about a week :/

      Delete
  2. I've always been put off by the "shelf life"?? I'm still not overly sold on it.... It's been really useful to read your review though! and that's really nice of them to send you a new one!

    www.tigerlilybeauty.blogspot.com | UK Beauty Blog

    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was so lovely of them to send me a new one :) I've had my new one for almost a month and it seems to be holding up quite well, I hang mine up to dry on the clothes pully that way it dries out completely :)

      Delete
  3. This seems really interesting! I'll have to give it a try, despite the scent, haha! Thanks for this post!

    xx
    Mere

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The smell goes away after awhile, it just a weird spongey natural kind of smell :)

      Delete

Please note, any comment that have nothing to do with my blog post and are just for "please follow me back" will be deleted.