23/12/2013

Rimmel Scandaleyes Retro Glam Mascara Review

Awhile back, I was browsing ASOS (what else is a girl meant to do when bored?) and noticed that Rimmel items were discounted. It was then I decided to add the Retro Glam mascara to my basket and buy it - without doing any research on it (something I usually do). When it came I just put it aside as my absolute favourite mascara - YVES Rocher Sexy Pulp - hadn't ran out yet. It was when a uni friend said that she had heard bad things about it that I put it even further into my collection. I've never done a negative review before because I generally tend to do a lot of Googleing on a product before finally picking it up - that is probably where I went wrong with this. But I suppose there are going to be a few bag eggs here and there - it helps you find the superb eggs.
Recently my Sexy Pulp started to run out - and since the Glam eyes one had a similar brush I decided to start trying it out. The first thing I noticed was it was very wet, other bloggers said it maybe just needed to dry out and then I might like it. After it started to dry out, I noticed it started to clump - for me any mascara that is really bad with clumps is a huge no no. I could at first forget the clumps - it gave a really good voluminous finish - all be it my lashes looked fake because of how dark they looked. It was when I noticed how much the mascara flaked that I decided I just couldn't use it any more. I had only used it for about 2 weeks and it got really really dry so so quickly - I can imagine you would need to repurchase this really often.   
I'm sorry if this post seems a little bit ranty or rambly ( its 1:20 am and I'm buzzing off energy drink after work). My next review will hopefully be a positive one.

Whats your favourite mascara, I'm in the market for a new one. 

4 comments:

  1. The whole scandaleyes range must be poor. I've just reviewed the eye liner at wiggyswardrobe.blogspot.co.uk and mine really is a rant I'm afraid lol xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So disappointing :( Its such a shame since Rimmel is usually so good!!

      Delete

Please note, any comment that have nothing to do with my blog post and are just for "please follow me back" will be deleted.