02/12/2013

Starting Off: Blusher

Hello, so this weeks catch up post is for blushers. Blush is't something everyone loves, I used to hate wearing blush - I could never get it to look right. But I do think blush is something everyone should have at least one.

I'm probably still considered a blush novice, at least I would consider myself to be one. Despite this, I do have a heck of a lot of blushes - I think I have 6 or 7..... I only really started to wear blush over the past 8 or so months - mainly because Pixiwoo have a really good and helpful video for applying blush, highlight and bronzer. It was really helpful and after watching it, I got into using and wearing blush a heck of a lot more. I also started buying so many blushes...

Blush is good for making you look a little more alive - not the best way to put it, but for me this is what it does. It just gives you a healthy glow, which is always good for me - especially when I used to get asked if I wasn't feeling well because I was so pale.

All the blushes I own are in powder form, but you can get them in cream forms. Blushes also come in different finishes - matte, shimmer and even some with a highlight aspect in them. I think I have something from all of the finishes, I love my Milani blush and that one is a highlighty type one. For everyday wear, maybe not the best - but hey, I've never been one for following the trends.

When applying blusher, I would say the trick is to be light handed with it. If you want to add more you can always do so easily - trying to fix adding too much is a heck of a lot harder.

I hope this post was some what helpful, and you enjoyed reading. 
Whats the blush you love the most?

8 comments:

  1. I use to hate blush too! Now I can't get enough of them. My favorite colors are definitely corals and like rust rose. xx Rena Kiss and Make Up

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I quite like the way blush makes me look - I've just got to find the best colour for me :D

      Delete
  2. I basically wear the same blush everyday lol

    thepowderednose.blogspot.com
    Xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hardly ever wear blush & always bronzer but after reading this I do feel like whacking out the blushes and reuniting! Xx


    www.jesscaedmunds.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've got to try and get into using blush and bronzer more - I barely ever wear it any more :(

      Delete
  4. I have a Milani baked blush too and it is so pretty!

    ReplyDelete

Please note, any comment that have nothing to do with my blog post and are just for "please follow me back" will be deleted.