01/01/2014

#2014BloggerChallenge | New Years Inspiration

At the end of November I came across this Challenge and instantly wanted to sign up. I think this challenge is going to have posts throughout 2014, but I could be wrong.
So this first post is for New Years Inspiration - this is sort of an alternative to writing New Years resolutions, so instead we share a quote or a picture to inspire us and you all for the year ahead. I sat for a long time thinking about what I was going to do my post about before I came up with any ideas for this.
In 2013 I had quite a bit of body confidence - and just general confidence issues. I was always worried and stressed out - not really how your wanting to feel. I only started to feel better about myself towards the end of the year and I'm going to make sure that I feel a billion times better next year. And hopefully you will to!

Wanting to be someone else is a waste of  the person you are. 
                                                                                               - Marilyn Monroe 

I love this quote - I just think its so nice. Its a lovely reminder that no matter what or how you feel about yourself, you are completely unique and special. No one could replace you. Or at least that's how I take it. I also think that the person your envious of is probably envious of other people for similar reasons. 

Keep smiling, because life is a beautiful thing and there's so much to smile about. 
                                                                                                     -Marilyn Monroe

This next quote I have on my wall in my room, it makes me smile every time I see it. I think for anyone and everyone this quote is relevant. No matter how crap you feel about yourself, there is always something to look forward to. I'm going to be setting goals this year - that way I always something to aim for. Goals to me are a distraction and they help so much when I'm feeling down. 

Happy New Year everyone!
I hope you have an amazing 2014!

4 comments:

  1. Gotta love Marylin - she had some pretty profound things to say. Hope 2014 brings you everything you dreamed of.
    Love Vicky
    http://www.aroundandupsidedown.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Some of the things she said are so lovely. Have a good 2014 :) x

      Delete
  2. that smiling thing is true! plus smiling is 'contagious' and it might brighten up the day of more people that you may imagine ^^

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love Marilyn Monroe- her quotes are truly inspirational! There really is lots to smile about :) All the best for 2014!

    http://laurenslittleblogs.blogspot.co.uk/
    xx

    ReplyDelete

Please note, any comment that have nothing to do with my blog post and are just for "please follow me back" will be deleted.