09/02/2014

5 Things to Save For

Since I got up this morning I knew I wanted to write a blog post. What I wanted to write about was another story though. I had no idea at all about what to write about, I had nothing new to review and my outfit, well it consisted of a fluffy jumper and gym gear - not that I was actually doing any exercise.
I had spent the morning trying to figure out ways to get some extra pennies, so I took to eBay and sold a few things. That got me thinking - what am I saving up for? There are a fair few things I want to get this year - all of which are crazy expensive. I could buy one of them now but I like the idea of saving up and not blowing all my savings in one go.

Brand New Shiny Camera
I recently put my camera on Gumtree before I move and sell it on eBay - just to see if I can get the amount I want for it. So when it goes the money that I get will be going straight to my DSLR fund, also I'll be stuck using my IPhone for pictures - I hope that it takes good pictures. I've got my eyes on either the Canon EOS 600D - typical blogger camera or the Nikon D5200. The D5200 is fairly more expensive than the 600D, but it looks hella brilliant! I'm aiming to have about £500 saved before I go and buy a new camera - that way I get to have more choice about what camera I buy.

Beautiful Designer Bag
I saw a Michael Kors bag on a few peoples blogs and instantly felt jealous of them. £310 ish for a bag though is a lot so I think in terms of when I get this it will be somewhere between August and the end of the year - getting a new job would help brilliantly with this.

NARS Narcissist Palette
At a whopping £55 for an eyeshadow palette this is something I'm definitely going to have to save towards if I want to be the proud owner of it. My mum will probably kill me if I spend that much on it buy y'know its NARS and its beautiful. I have until June to get my hands on it - even if I don't NARS will release something just as pretty soon after.

A Holiday
I've never been on a plane and I haven't been on a holiday of any kind since I was 15 or 16. My friend and I are thinking of going to Paris in the summer and I think I'll need at least £300 for that, just for hotel and flights, then a few ore hundred for spending money and stuff like that. And if I want to go to Disneyland then I need £60 for tickets.

Leather Jacket
I've wanted a real leather jacket for such a long time and recently I saw a really lovely one by Free People on ASOS, its £138 but it is a real leather jacket so should last a really long time. I also think Leather jackets are kind of a classic piece and looks brilliant with basically all items.

Do you have anything your saving towards?

4 comments:

  1. Aside from a leather jacket you've basically just listed everything I want at the moment... I do love my camera (Nikon D3100) but I've had it for a good few years now and am quite fancying an upgrade to the Nikon D5200 seeing as all of my current lenses will still work with it. I'd love a MK bag, I keep seeing a gorgeous teal one everywhere as a girl at uni has one and it's making me so envious. x

    Charlotte / coloursandcarousels

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm upgrading my rubbish little Olympus camera, I think price wise I'm going to end up going for the Canon 600D since its the most affordable for me :)
      I would be over the moon if I could get the MK Selma bag - so pretty!

      Delete
  2. I'm definitely saving to get the full exposure palette from smash box. It looks so darn beautiful!

    Zoe
    The Caribbean Flower

    ReplyDelete

Please note, any comment that have nothing to do with my blog post and are just for "please follow me back" will be deleted.