18/02/2014

Hello Naked Palette

I'd like to welcome to the family, the Urban Decay Naked Palette. For the longest time I've wanted to own a palette from Urban Decay but just couldn't bring myself to part with almost £40, but I had vouchers so it made it easier to part with my cash. This isn't going to be like a full in depth review of the palette - since I've only tried a few of the colours, but I can give my thoughts on it so far.
I've yet to have a good play around with this to see what colours I like best and what looks I can make with this, but today I made a simple (would have been better if I had more brushes) look using Virgin, Naked and Hustle - are these colours even mean to go together? Who knows. But I really liked the look of it, simple and easy enough to do - quick as well, so potentially a every day look?
The packaging, oh my. The velvet feeling packaging is so classy, very elegant - if you have the Naked palette go grab it now and feel it. I love the packaging - the only downside to it is I don't think the magnet that keeps it shut will last forever. I'm not to bothered about that though, it will probably just live its life out in a drawer so it really wont matter very much if the lid doesn't close very securely.
The colours in this palette, now that I look at it with my reviewing hat on, are sort of similar to the Stila In The Light colours. A few of the colours are very similar, but for the most part most are different. I really love the look of Toasted, Hustle, Half Baked and Smog - they all look incredibly pretty and I really want to find a way to wear them all at the same time - is it possible?
The brush that comes with the palette, I'm not quite sure about. I can't decide if I like it or not - is it bad for eye shadow or does it do the job nicely. Now that's something I just can't decide. I think I'm going to have to make a little order for some Crown Brushes.
The colours are really pretty though, crazy easy to blend and feel silky soft - I now understand why people use the word "buttery" in describing these shadows. They are a total dream, and I think I'm now going to save up some Debenhams points so I can get Naked 2. Do I need to get Naked 2? No, probably not. But I really really really want it. You do though need to try these eye shadows, you will be completely smitten with them.

Whats your favourite neutral palettes? 
If you have this palette, what are your favourite looks? 


6 comments:

  1. I need a Naked palette in my life! I've ordered the Basics to keep me going for a while but I think my heart is set on Naked 2 (and that Clinique palette - if it was Clinique - you tweeted the other day!) x

    Charlotte / coloursandcarousels

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You'll have to get it one day - that or the Clinique one ;)

      Delete
  2. This is the only one missing in my Naked Palette family and now I'm lusting for it after I read your post. Xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ooooh sorry hahaha! Let me know if you get it!

      Delete
  3. I love the Urban Decay Naked palette, my fave shade is Half Baked and you can definitely tell as it's the most worn down in my palette :) I'll have to try out the combo you have mentioned as I don't think I have used those ones together before x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Its probably a stupid combo but I think it looks really pretty :)

      Delete

Please note, any comment that have nothing to do with my blog post and are just for "please follow me back" will be deleted.