03/02/2014

January Favourites

I didn't do a favourites for December, for me December tends to be a month where I use the same old products and tend to use as little as possible. But January is one of my favourite months of the year - most people hate January, you spend loads and the build up to Christmas and New Year is gone. Not me though - I love January, I buy loads of new products and try so many new things. This month I've got 8 products that I've been completely loving this month.
I have four make-up bits that I've been using basically non-stop since getting them. The first is an Illamasqua blush in the shade Lover, I got this on their sale - as soon as it arrived I was in love with it. Love at first sight. It is the perfect peachy coloured blush, it looks lovely on my skin - fair skinned girls, this will be your best friend. It is highly pigmented though, so you only need a tiny bit - and if you needed to then you could build it up. 
Another make-up item I've been loving is my NARS Laguna Bronzer. As soon as I had it applied to my face I knew I wanted needed it in my life. I got mine from ASOS since I could get student discount on it. Again for fair skinned girls this is perfect. I didn't own a bronzer before this and I'd honestly be happy if I never tried another one. This one is just perfect for adding a bit of colour to the face and to contour with - it doesn't look muddy or orange, and its subtle enough for daily use. I'm completely smitten with this. 
Second last make-up item is my wonderful YSL Baby doll mascara. It makes my lashes look so so so lovely, fluffy, full of volume and incredibly long. Everything about this is perfect (apart from the price), the packaging is beautiful - the gold with red writing looks so sleek - and the way it makes my lashes look - magnificent. I really am so glad that it is as wonderful as it is, it makes it worth the price you pay. 
Final make-up bit, if you can call it make-up, is my Nails Inc polish in the colour Baker Street. It is the most beautiful blue colour, its not as dark as I'd like it to be but I think that makes it an all year round kind of colour. I got this is in the Nails Inc Nail polish Diary back in the sales, I've not tried all the colours yet but this is one of the ones I've tried most, and I've basically worn it all month. Must be love. 
The next few things I've been loving are skin care items, two of the items I've included I haven't been using for very long but I love them so much already so I thought I had to include them. The first thing I've been loving is my Origins Checks and Balances Frothy cleanser. This for starters smells amazing, very minty and lovely. You only need a tiny amount to wash your face and it fixes any dry or oily bits you may have, I use this in the morning and I think it really helped to control my shiny forehead. Before using this between my eye brows and on my nose was quite dry and the rest of my face was quite oily - but I genuinely think this has helped to fix that. I'm really wanting to now try more of Origins products since this one is so good.
The second cleanser I've been loving recently is the REN ClearCalm 3 Clarifying Clay Cleanser - such a mouthful to say. It smells reasonably nice - sort of lavendery, with a slight herbally smell. When you use it, you skin is left feeling really fresh and soft, I also I think this has helped with the redness in my skin - I've noticed in the past few weeks that my cheeks and stuff don't look nearly as red as it used to. 
The last skin care thing I've been really enjoying using is Hydraluron. I don't know really what this has done for my skin, but I do think my skin looks and feels better for using it. I think when it runs out I'm going to leave repurchasing it for a few weeks to see if I can notice my skin going downhill slightly - I think its easier to see your skin getting worse than improving. 
The final thing I've been loving is by Avon. Its their Planet Spa Sleep Serenity Pillow Spray. The pillow spray smells really nice, its Lavender and Camomile scented, when I smell it I feel really calm and sleepy. I don't think it helps me fall asleep, per say, but I do think it helps me have a better night sleep - when I wake up I feel a lot better and so much more rested. I think it also helps my brain to think less when I use it, it relaxes me and helps my brain calm down - I tend to have a lot on my mind when I go to sleep. 

So that's everything I've been loving this month.
What have your favourites been? 

2 comments:

  1. I've recently started using Hydraluron and can't really see what difference it's made to my dehydrated skin. I think I was expecting miracles after all the hype!

    Laura x | Life and Lipstick

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm hoping I notice a difference when I stop using it - otherwise it was a waste of £16

      Delete

Please note, any comment that have nothing to do with my blog post and are just for "please follow me back" will be deleted.