12/02/2014

Skin Care Routine

Recently I've been really keen to take better care of my skin and even spending more on the products that I use. I've got into a fairly regular routine, at least compared to how I used to be with my skin care routine. I enjoy my routine - and I think thats where I was going wrong before. Before I got stuck into this routine I had been trying to use up a fair lot of the products that had been in my collection for awhile, and as each old product was gone I slowly brought in shiny new ones. I'm still working through some products that I've had for awhile so in a few months my routine will probably change slightly again. My skin care routine for in the morning and before I go to bed are very similar, there is maybe only a slight difference in it.
In the morning I tend to wash and exfoliate my face while in the shower. I tend to exfoliate my skin before cleansing, the one I'm using just now is the Soap and Glory Scrubatomic - I only use this 2 or 3 times a week because the scrub is quite abrasive, and even though its described as being daily scrub I really don't think you could use it daily. The cleanser I use in the morning is the Origins Checks and Balances frothy face wash. You don't need very much of this - at little really does go a long way. I love the smell of this, its quite minty.
After I've washed my face I'll take myself back to my room to finish my skin care. If I have any spots I'll use a spot treatment on them - just now I'm using the La Roche Possay Efficlar Duo. I've not tried this as a moisturiser yet - because I've heard that it doesn't work well that way, but it seems to do pretty well as a spot treatment. I'll then use my Hydraluron before my moisturiser, I don't quite know what this does for my skin but I think my skin is better off with having it. Final step in the morning is to apply moisturiser, I've not yet got myself a new brilliant moisturiser, so the one I'm using is by Garnier - I'm not quite sure what its called but it smells nice and controls my oil pretty well. Origins GinZing is waiting in the wings for me.
My night time routine is pretty much the same, the only difference is how I wash my face. If I've been wearing make-up, which now I'm back at university is most days, then I'll have a double cleanse. First up I'll probably use Garnier Skin Natural Makeup removing gel, this removes everything so easily. If I've been wearing a fair amount of make-up then I'll use this twice with a face cloth before going in with a different face wash. The next face wash I'd use is the REN ClearCalm 3 Clarifying Clay cleanser. I've never used a clay cleanser before, so I wasn't really sure on what to expect. I do really like this though - for taking off make-up I wouldn't say this is the best for it. I find this is really good for absorbing excess oil, so I don't tend to feel like my skin is feeling yucky when I wake up in the morning. This doesn't strip my skin and hasn't broken my skin out. I genuinely love using this. The next steps in my routine are the same as in the morning.
My routine is pretty simple but I think it is really effective and works well for me. My skin is in such better condition than it used to be and hopefully it will just keep getting better.

What products do you love for your skin?

2 comments:

  1. The Ren cleanser I have wanted to try for a while I love Ren products. Thanks for sharing your beauty routine Lucy

    ReplyDelete

Please note, any comment that have nothing to do with my blog post and are just for "please follow me back" will be deleted.