17/03/2014

Nails I've been loving | NOTD

I never used to be the kind of person that was bothered with painting their nails - for me it was just a pain in the butt. It took way to long to do and was more of a hassle than what it was actually worth. Recently though, I've been loving painting my nails. All be it they do chip pretty easily, meaning I do need to repaint my nails daily. Could someone please recommend me a really insanely good top coat? It gives me something to do when I'm bored and stops me snacking as much. 

Every time I paint my nails I always start by filing my nails to a shape that I like, if they aren't already a good enough shape for me. I'll then use my little mini O.P.I Nail Envy as a base coat to stop my nails staining, and to help strengthen them. My little mini bottle is almost empty though and I think I'll be needing to get a new strengthener soon. This takes almost no time to dry, I do leave it to dry for a few minutes before I apply the colour - just to make sure that there is going to be no smudging. 99% of the time I smudge my nails. 
So once a sutible amount of time has gone by, I'll apply the colour I've been loving. And for me just now that colour is the horribly chipping Nails Inc in Baker Street. I'm not sure why, but for some reason this colour just chips so easily. The other Nails Inc colours I have don't chip nearly as badly as this one does. But I love the colour too much to care about the chips. Two coats of polish are usually perfectly fine, but occasionally I'll pop a 3rd coat on - just to make the colour look a billion times better.  
To finish my nails off I'll use a top coat. The one I've been using recently is the Essie Rock Solid one, I quite like it. It dries really quickly and leaves your nails looking really glossy. 
So there you have it, the nails I've been loving recently. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please note, any comment that have nothing to do with my blog post and are just for "please follow me back" will be deleted.