23/03/2014

The Blogger Made Me Buy It TAG

Another TAG I've been utterly loving recently is the Blogger Made Me Buy It TAG, its such a brilliant one to read and I thought that I'd give me answers to the questions! 

1) Who are your most influential bloggers?  Who are the ones that you really rely on for reviews and swatches?
I  have to say that this was difficult to narrow down to just a few but the ones I decided on were Miss Make-up Magpie, The Sunday Girl and Essie Button. All three of them leave me lusting after the majority of products that they post. Essie Button has such amazing reviews and if more of the American products she posts were easily available in the UK then I would definitely have purchased everything she talks about. I also really love Gh0st Parties for skincare reviews - she really knows her stuff. 

2) Do you buy a product solely as a result from one review from your favourite bloggers, or do you look for more reviews from others?
I think for me it depends on the price of the product. If I see a review of something cheaper and really love the look of it then I'll shortly after buy it, The Seventeen Phwoarr Paint is a prime example of that. The Sunday Girl posted about it, I went and bought it that week. If on the other hand the product was on the more expensive side then I would most definitely take my time and read a few reviews before setting my mind on getting what ever it was. 

3) What is your most favourite item that you have ever bought as a consequence of blogs?
Ooh, probably the Rimmel Apocalips - which have now I think about it, not been used in awhile - when all the big bloggers raved about them before they were released I was practically drooling over them. I also adore the Seventeen Phwoarr Paint - I probably would never have bought it if it hadn't been for The Sunday Girl - it is probably my favourite concealer ever, maybe even better than the Collection one? 

4) What is your least favourite item that you have ever bought as a consequence of blogs?
Urm... I can't actually think of any stand out things. As far as I can think I don't think there is anything I hate that I've bought because of a blogger. 

5) Name 5 products you have bought recently as a result of blogs.
Recently... hmmm. I bought another of the Revlon Just Kissable Balm Stains(just the original ones, only got one because of everyone talking about the new ones) , Bourjois Colourboost lip crayon, Clinique Neutral Territory palette, Urban Decay Naked Palette (I eventually got one after wanting one for ages) and Bourjois Colour Edition shadows. 

6) Have you ever given into blogger hype?  If so, which hype?
Baby Lips. Pure and simple, the first time I saw them in Boots my friend had to stop me from buying all of them. I got all the coloured ones, I mean how could I have said no to a 3 for 2 on something that was £2.99. In hind sight I probably shouldn't have got as many as I did as they aren't overly great. 

7) Have you ever avoided blogger hype?  If so, which hype?
All of the NARS limited edition items I've avoided getting - despite desperately wanting them all. I've also been really good in not getting the Naked 3 palette - although I now really want it - and the Smashbox Full Exposure palette. 

8) Is everything you buy based on blogger reviews or are there some items you buy without checking out a review?
Most of the items I buy are bought after deciding that I'll love them due to reading blogger reviews. All the products I dislike slightly were probably bought after not reading any posts about. 

Have you done this TAG? 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please note, any comment that have nothing to do with my blog post and are just for "please follow me back" will be deleted.