26/03/2014

Top 5 | Lipsticks

Recently I've been wearing a few different colours than I usually do, so I thought I would share the five lipsticks that I've really been loving recently. Lipstick used to be the thing I would buy most often, but recently I've been trying to streamline my collection a lot more so I've not been buying nearly as many - shopping my stash as it were.
First up is my MAC So Chaud lipstick. Now this is a lipstick that up until as few weeks ago I'd neglected, its a very spring/ summer colour so I put it away for the winter. Now, though the sun is beginning to shine and the weather is warming up so it means breaking out the prettier brighter colours. This was the first MAC lipstick I ever got and I adore it, in the summer its just the most perfect colour. The smell of it is also really lovely, I can't quite describe what the smells like though. Even though its matte it doesn't feel drying on the lips and I have to admit I adore the way it looks and feels on the lips, I also think it makes my teeth look a fair bit whiter than they actually are.
Next is my much loved, all year round favourite, Revlon Just Bitten Kissable Balm Stain in Romantic. Just a lovely red, nothing fancy or overly bright. I love the minty smell, although I know some people don't like it very much. Perfect for everyday wear, and really easy to touch up during the day. This is probably my most reached for lip product that I own.
Another of my loves recently is another of my Revlon Just Bitten Kissable Balm Stains, this one is in the colour Crush. I would describe this as maybe being a pink toned purple. When you apply it I find that it goes on a fairly dark purple, and throughout the day goes a lovely pink colour. I have to say I really do just love this colour and I have no idea why it took me so long to get it! Shame on me really.
The final two colours that that I've been absolutely loving are nudes. Me? Wearing a nude lip? What has happened? The first nude if one of the Maybelline Colour Whispers in Lust for Blush. I adore this. So easy to apply, and is definitely a your lips but better colour. Its love.
Finally, my Urban Decay Revolution lipstick in Lovelight. This has only recently become a huge love of mine, but I adore wearing it! I won this in a giveaway a couple of months ago, and I'm so so so happy with it. I don't know why I never buy myself nude lipsticks, because the two I've been given I utterly adore. The colour is a pinky nude, with what I think is a slight hint of sparkle in it. The formula feels really moisturising on the lips, colour lasting wise I'm not sure as I can't really tell when I'm in need of a touch up, but hopefully soon I'll try more of these lipsticks.

What lipsticks have you been loving recently? 

2 comments:

  1. MAC So Chaud looks so beautiful, right up my street! Looks like a good colour for any season I think :) xxxx


    ReplyDelete

Please note, any comment that have nothing to do with my blog post and are just for "please follow me back" will be deleted.