26/04/2014

Life | The Perks of Being a Wallflower

The Perks Of Being A Wallflower
I've been getting a lot of books from my local library recently, one of the books I've borrowed recently from them is The Perks Of Being a Wallflower by Stephen Chbosky. Back when the movie was released I wasn't really overly fussed with reading it, but when I noticed my local library had it I jumped at the chance to read it. I now want to watch the movie - yep, haven't seen that either. I don't tend to read during the day, so leave most of my reading to before bed, I find I sleep better when I read a few chapters before I go to dream land. So I did take about a week or so to read this. If I read during the day I probably would have finished it much faster.
The Perks Of Being A Wallflower Blurb
 The book really wasn't what I was expecting it to be. I'm not sure what I was expecting from it but I really didn't expect it to be written in what I can only describe as hundreds of letters - the type you send other humans not the type that make up words. I don't want to ruin it for anyone so I won't say much about it other than if you haven't read it, I would really recommend that you do. Everyones been to high school or will go at some point, so I think in a way we can all sort of relate to Charlie. But yeah, read this bad boy.
Page from the perks of being a wallflower
One of my favourite bits from the book is this little section here, its pretty close to the end, I just love "remember when we all felt infinite..." Its just so lovely, that whole page in all honesty is brilliant.

Have you read The Perks Of Being A Wallflower? What did you think of it? 

2 comments:

  1. Wow, the cover of the book you've got is lovely! Most of the other covers don't even compare, aha. I've been meaning to read this book for ages now, I just haven't gotten around to it yet, so thank you for giving me some extra encouragement!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'd been meaning to read it for ages as well! I'm so glad I did , it was just such an easy read and I loved it. I agree the cover is really nice :)

      Delete

Please note, any comment that have nothing to do with my blog post and are just for "please follow me back" will be deleted.