16/04/2014

Plans For The Summer | Lifestyle

At the start of the year I was very much excited to be going on holiday - it would have been my first time abroad - but unfortunately the plans fell through for it. So I've been thinking of new things I can do during my crazy long summer holidays - my summer officially starts on the 5th of May so I have just over 4 months off! What does one do for four months? So I've been thinking recently of things to do and I've come up with a few things so far.
One of the things I'm really wanting to do is explore more of Scotland. Obviously I'm not going to be able to see lots of Scotland during the summer but I'm hoping to go to Stirling and other places that are reasonably easy to get to. So I want to go to Stirling, visit more places in Edinburgh and wander around Glasgow more. Does anyone have any places I can visit that are close enough to Glasgow that I could see in a day? 
Another thing I've been wanting to do is read at least 5 books, people read when on holiday and I've really missed reading now that University has got busier. 
I've recently started building my family tree, I've not managed to get very far with it but as soon as my exams are over I'm definitely going to work toward building it more. I think its going to be really interesting finding out things about my ancestors that I never new or even thought about. My grandpa has made a family tree but as far as I know its basically just their names with no information about the people - despite this I think it will be cool to see if I can match up all the people he has on his tree.  
Another of the things I'd like to do is take my driving lessons and pass my test before the end of the summer. I'm not sure if I'm being overly optimistic by hoping to pass by my 15th lesson? 
The final thing I've been wanting to do is get fitter, last summer I did pilates quite a lot and I got pretty good at it, so hopefully I can do at least 15 minutes of it daily throughout my long summer. 

2 comments:

  1. Wow, you lucky duck get 4 months of vacation. Wow, I'm jealous. ;) Your plans sound absolutely delightful and I really hope that you'll enjoy yourself, you deserve it! I can't wait to hear more about it here, too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've never really done pilates before, but I want to try it. 15 minutes sounds reasonable to me! xx Rebecca - UK fashion blog

    ReplyDelete

Please note, any comment that have nothing to do with my blog post and are just for "please follow me back" will be deleted.