10/04/2014

Soap and Glory Kick Ass Concealer Review

I have a horrible problem with buying things, putting them in a drawer and forgetting about them. This concealer is one of the products I bought, never used and then forgot about. The Kick Ass Concealer is like a 3 in 1 type thing: it has a powder, and 2 different colours of concealer. Its a 3 step process, each step is written on the front of the box, although which colour you use for what did baffle me a little at first - I was just being silly though.
Step 1 is to apply the brightening under eye concealer. It's the peach coloured one, I don't know enough to explain why its peach but I suppose the colour will just cancel out and cover dark circles? The concealer is incredibly creamy, and blends really easily. I think I maybe like this for the under eyes as much - if not more - than my Seventeen concealer. I've not noticed this creasing, and if you were maybe worried about it then you could always set it with powder.
Step 2 is the other concealer is pretty close to my skin colour. Its a pretty full coverage concealer - this makes it great for covering spots and redness. Its not nearly as creamy as the under eye concealer, but it is still pretty easy to blend.
Step 3 is a setting powder, perfect just for making extra sure that the concealer isn't going to move. This really helps my make-up stay in place, which is really helpful for me since my skin is incredibly oily and make-up usually just slips off my face.
I've used this a few times now, and from what I've tried of it I find it slightly to dark for me. The under eye concealer is pretty darn good in the grand scheme of things, I think I maybe like it as much - if not more - than my Seventeen Phowarr Paint. It blends pretty seamlessly, brightens the eyes and hides any nasty dark circles. The blemish concealer I'm not overly fond of, I find its a little dark for my skin and doesn't blend as easily, I just couldn't seem to get it to blend properly for me - I always could see the edges of it, maybe I'm just doing something wrong? Who knows. I like it, but I'd rather just have the under eye concealer if I'm honest.

6 comments:

  1. I've been thinking of trying this concealer for AGES - I used to love the Laura Mercier Secret Camouflage one, and it just looked so similar, but a lot cheaper! Might have to go swatching this weekend!

    I haven't tried the 17 Phowarr Paint, but keep hearing such good things about that too - argh, too many products, not enough time (or ££!).

    Great review!

    Faith x
    Music and Eyeliner

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I bought this because it looked like it could be similar to the Laura Mercier one, but y'know alot cheaper ;) x

      Delete
  2. I love soap and glory make up but concealers are something I find so hard to get the perfect match!I love the stick concealers xxxx

    www.jesscaedmunds.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. now that its summer these are much better for my skin tone, drugstore concealers never seem to match right or be of a high enough coverage without being cakey x

      Delete
  3. I like the concept of the different shades to do different jobs. I would really love to try S&G products one day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Soap and glory are really good all round, i do though much prefer their bath and body products over their makeup xx

      Delete

Please note, any comment that have nothing to do with my blog post and are just for "please follow me back" will be deleted.