23/06/2014

The Summer TAG


Since it is an absolute scorcher of a day - at least is is as I type, god only knows what it'll be like when I publish this - I thought now is probably the best time to do The Summer TAG that Georgina from Makeup Pixi3 created. 

1.  What's your favourite thing about Summer?
In Scotland we don't tend to get much sun, it basically rains all year round here. But we do tend to have a few days (maybe even a week if we're lucky) of really nice weather. The heat at night annoys me, too hot for a duvet but I can't sleep without one, boo. But I do love waking up in the morning to sunshine - it makes being woken up by my puppy so much more bearable.

2.  Do you have a favourite Summer drink?
Over the past few weeks I've been drinking berry smoothies in the morning, they are ice cold and just so delicious. Other than that the only other thing I really tend to drink is water, I'm not big on fizzy drinks. 

3.  Is there a location you like to go to each Summer?
There are many places I'd like to go, but I'm actually yet to leave the country (at least properly, I went to France with my school years ago but I was so exhausted I barely remember it). I'm hoping next year to go abroad - maybe do Camp America? 

4.  Favourite makeup look for Summer?
If I'm honest, for me Summer means looking like a bum for most of the week, with maybe the occasional washing to see friends. Summer is basically the time my skin, face and hair get a break from the constant covering with makeup and heating with straighteners. So year, 95% of the time I don't wear makeup in the summer.

5.  Dresses or skirts?
Its usually not hot enough to wear dresses and skirts in Glasgow, but when it is I'd probably be more likely to go for a skirt, most of the dresses I own are very dressy so not exactly ideal for daily use. 

6.  Sandals or ballet pumps?
Emm, I'm going to say Converse. I don't own sandals or ballet pumps - I'm a horrid excuse for a girl I know. I just find Converse are so much more comfortable. I do own a pair of ballet pump style converse, I got them last year and they are sooooo comfy! 

7.  Do you prefer to wear your hair up or down for Summer?
A bit of both I think - but mostly up, since I don't wash my hair everyday (and if I want to wear my hair down I need to wash it so I can style it) so it's just easier for me to pop it up in a ponytail. 

8.  Deep smokey eyes or bold lips?
Bold lips! I can't pull off smokey eyes, I'm not sure if its just that I can't pull it off or if it's down to the fact that I just can't do a smokey eye. I think I look like I've been punched in the face when I wear a smokey eye... I only own two (I think) nude lipstick, the rest are very much bold reds. 

9.  Favourite perfume for Summer?
I don't actually have a favourite, recently though I've been using my DKNY Delicious Red one. 

10.  Last but not least, favourite music for Summer?
I tend to listen to the radio more during the Summer months, so just now I've been hearing a lot of Iggy Azalea and Rita Ora - I'm actually loving them both atm!

Thanks for reading my answers to Georgina's TAG. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please note, any comment that have nothing to do with my blog post and are just for "please follow me back" will be deleted.