19/07/2014

Latest In Beauty | The Glamour Beauty Edition

I was out walking my dogs when I saw on twitter the new Latest In Beauty Glamour Beauty Edit box. If I can remember correctly I had missed out on previous boxes from them - le cry, so y'know like any rational person I decided that I absolutely must have it. I didn't even wait till I got home before ordering a box, dog walking and box ordering. The box costs £16.95 inc postage and its contents were worth £86 - I think thats crazy good value!
The box itself is lovely, the neon pink against the white back ground looks stunning - or at least I think it is. There was two products in the box that I was really excited for and new that they made the box more than worth buying!
These products were by far the products I was most excited to get my hands on, the Illamasqua Glamore Lipstick I got is in the Cherub - I don't think all the boxes had the same shade though... This is one of their new nude shades and retails at £18.50. Considering the box is £16.95, you get an amazing deal as it is worth more than what you pay for the box! I've not tried the shade yet but it looks like it could be a really lovely colour - maybe my perfect nude? We'll see... 
The next item I was really excited to get was Magnifibres Brush On False Lashes, this retails for £21 on their webpage - it can be found for cheaper elsewhere but you get a money back guarantee when you buy it straight from them. I've wanted to try this for ages, I'd seen it awhile ago on blogs and the results it gave looked amazing! I'm really happy I get to try it out before spending so much on it - if it works then I'll be so so happy. I'll write up a blog post to let you know how I find it. 
The Bourjois Cream Blushes were something that I'd wanted to try for awhile, but being rubbish at blush and not being sure about the colours or how to apply it I kept putting it off. The shade I got is 01 Nude Velvet, it looks really natural and nothing to crazy - hopefully I'll manage to work with this and make it look good on me. 
Crabtree and Evelyn Nail Lacquer in Apple. When I first saw this I was a little like - what is C&E, then I looked at the bottom of it and understood - I didn't know that Crabtree and Evelyn did nail polish, I thought it was only creams and body things they sold, but what do I know - eh? I love a good red nail polish, personally I prefer the darker shades to lighter ones. This colour looks absolutely stunning! When you look at it in the light it looks like it has gold running through it - definitely need to apply this soon! 
 The Toni & Guy Glamour Volume Plumping Whip, this retails at £7.19 and looks pretty cool. It claims to give body and bounce - both of which my hair could do with. I think it looks like a thick body butter in the tub but feels a lot more creamy, it doesn't smell like anything special - I think just like typical hair stuff. I can't wait to try this and see if it can give my hair a wee bit of oomph. 
The DHC Deep Cleansig Oil really interests me. It's £21.50 for the full sized 200ml bottle - for whatever reason I thought this was a lot more expensive than it is. I've never used a facial oil before, I just figured my skins oily therefore I do not need an oil for my skin. Apparently though oily skin loves oils, especially if you have dehydrated skin (which apparently I do). I'm looking forward to trying this, hopefully it'll sort my skin out.   
I think there is now a BB cream/thing for everything now, the Rimmel Sun Shimmer Instant Tan BB Skin Perfector retails for £6.99 and I'm quite excited to try this - I really like Rimmel tans, they are the only ones I've found work for me and they are reasonably affordable. 
Hawaiian Tropic Satin Protection Ultra Radiance Sun Lotion SPF30 is available for £5.99, it smells so lovely - like coconuts, which is odd cause I usually can't stand the smell of it. It feels really silky and absorbs quickly into the skin, it should get a lot of use as it has been uncharacteristically sunny in Glasgow recently. And I've gotten just the tiniest bit darker. 
The final item in the box was the Velvotan mit, it costs £2.99 - more than I'd usually spend on a mit, but it looks nice and I'll use it with the Rimmel tan. 

The products in this box are really amazing, it is seriously worth the money you've paid for it. I'm not sure if there are still some left but if there are then I would seriously recommend nabbing one as soon as you can. 

6 comments:

  1. Oh By Jove! Your photos are great, and also looks like I am kinda in love with the BB cream and have to try someday! Nice post, Sarah!

    Labina | Dear Labina Design.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I've been trying a lot more with them recently - I've not tried the BB thing yet but it looks like it will be really good :)

      Delete
  2. This looks absolutely amazing definitely need to get my hands on it xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE my box! I am so happy I snapped it up, and I think my favourite item has to be the suncream - it's SO good! xx

    Gemma // Miss Makeup Magpie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My brother adored the suncream, he couldn't get enough of it during the hot weather. I adore the lipstick its the only nude that seems to suit me :) x

      Delete

Please note, any comment that have nothing to do with my blog post and are just for "please follow me back" will be deleted.