28/07/2014

OOTD | Maxi Skirt & Kimono Lovin'

Glasgow last week felt more like ( or at least I imagine it did) Spain than a city in Scotland. We had temperatures of 25 and above for more than a week. With Friday being 29 degrees (Celsius that is). I meant to get the next couple of outfit posts up while it was still hot, but y'know I wanted to take advantage of the sun and soak in it for as long as possible. I did take advantage of the sun - however by the colour of my skin you wouldn't have thought that I spend literally hours and hours sitting outside in the scorching heat. My mum and my brother tan so easily, and then I'm sat next to them, white as a ghost - well I'm more peach now (apparently). I don't tan easily nor burn. I do have tan lines but they are barely noticeable. Fair skinned problems. 
I saw this Kimono a couple of weeks ago in Primark and picked it up on a whim, I'm  glad I did. I'm a jumper addict, and obviously I couldn't get away with wearing one last week so this came in handy. My maxi skirt is also from Primark, I bought it last year and wore it once, I think it made me look slightly taller than usual. I'll take any help to look taller, being 5'2 ish kind of sucks. My top is just a little strappy thing from Topshop, its one of those ones thats always on 2 for £10. My dog, well she cme from Falkirk - she loves a wee cuddle, I think she was confused as to what I was doing as she kept looking at me in a weird way. (my dog makes lots of facial expressions, I'm not crazy - promise)
I really liked the way this outfit came together, apparently I do have some sense of style. 

8 comments:

  1. I love this kimono on you gorgeous and your dog is GORGEOUS xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. aw thank you Jessica, she really knows that shes cute - big attention seeker she is haha x

      Delete
  2. Such a pretty kimono, I'll be on the look out for it next time I take a visit to Primark!

    Sophie x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They had a few different colours/ styles - this one was my favourite though :) x

      Delete
  3. Your doggy is the cutest! I love that pretty kimono and I feel your pain, I don't tan either Josie’s Journal

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. #palepeopleproblems haha, I adore this kimono - i never really understood the trend until now :p

      Delete
  4. I really like the way you've styled the kimono and maxi skirt!! Your dog is so sweet- mine get confused by outfit photos too haha Gisforgingers xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks :) I wasn't really sure if it worked together, I was very floaty/flowy in it hahah. My dog seems to love being held in the pictures though :) x

      Delete

Please note, any comment that have nothing to do with my blog post and are just for "please follow me back" will be deleted.