14/08/2014

Beauty | July Favourites

So I'm a little late with the favourites post this month, even my YT video favourites has gone up a wee bitty late. Apologies, I just don't have much time during the day to write up posts since I'm cramming for my exam resits. I'm praying I can manage it - pray for me please? 
Anyway, as I type its just after 1am and I'm trying to rack my brain to think of the products I've been loving this month. It wasn't actually that hard this month to think of products I've been loving, a few in fact all of the products I've been loving are new and I think for the most part not properly featured on the blog? 
First up is something I got either at the start of July or end of June, either way its something I've used every time I've applied foundation. This product is the absolute wonder that is the Urban Decay Optical Blurring Brush - oh dear amazing brush goodness. I genuinely believe that this is better than the Real Techniques Buffing Brush, as much as I love the Buffing Brush I do just think that the UD brush just feels softer on the face and applies a wee bit better than the buffing brush. It costs £20, so its not cheap - but neither is buying the whole set of RT brushes just for that one brush... If you're looking for a new foundation brush I would highly highly highly recommend trying out the Urban Decay Optical Blurring brush - its just perfect. (insert heart eye emoji here)
Next up is a product I got at the same time as the UD brush, this product is the Clinique Anti Blemish Solutions Clinical Clearing Gel - what a mouthful, eh? My skin recently has just gone absolutely mad, I have no idea whats up with it but I have never been so spotty in my life. I kid you not, its not even like they are on my forehead like they usually are. They've taken to popping up on my cheeks, chin and around my lips!! They are such a nightmare, big red angry spots that hurt like nobody's business!!!! I bought this in a last bit of hope to try get my skin back to a normal amount of spottiness, and my oh my has it helped my face out. I do still have a couple of spots but they are on their way out. At first I was just applying this to the spot but recently I've been popping it all over my face and it feels lovely. They spots have been dried up, the redness is gone and they no longer hurt - YIPPEE! I basically went and bought this because I remembered seeing a post on Gemma from Miss Make-up Magpie's blog (I'll link the post here) and I guess it just stuck with me, she is such an enabler but I really trust her and her posts. I'll be doing a full review on this soon, so look out for that if you want to know more!
Another fairly new product to my collection is the Too Faced Better Than Sex Mascara that I bought from a blog sale recently. I am so so so glad that I did buy it, the big fat wand just makes your lashes look so black, long and thick. Very big and fluttery, everything I want and more in a mascara. I absolutely love this, it gives quite a good curl as well. So much love for this!
I've had this for about half a month, and I love it. There is a review coming - or is it up now? I think it might be up now. Anyway, I just find that this is the best and nicest dry shampoo I've ever tried. No white residue, lovely smell, soaks up oil and gives a wee bit of volume. I won't go on about it too much since there is or will be a new post up soon. 
Ah, the Wet Brush. I saw my hairdressers was selling them and decided to get one since my dog now has my tangle teezer... I never got on overly well with the Tangle Teezer, I'm not sure if it was because the bristles weren't long enough or that it didn't have a handle, but anyway - as soon as I tried this I fell in love! It's so easy to brush through the hair and it doesn't pull at the hair. 
The DHC Deep Cleansing Oil is just perfection. I've been using this ever since I got this in the Latest In Beauty box, morning and night come rain or shine this gets applied. Its so lovely on the skin, leaves your face feeling really soft and just melts make-up off - even eye makeup. I recently tried the new Benefit liner and this little beauty just melted it off. Just magical. 
Final product now, the EOS lip balm in Strawberry Sorbet. Another blog sale purchase, its so moisturising and really hydrates your lips. I take this basically everywhere with me, I kind of though that these wouldn't be great and would just end up being another overly hyped product - but its really not! They are really lovely and they smell amazing! Totally worth trying if your able to. 

What have you been loving this month? Also are there any cleansing oils or facial oils you'd recommend? 

1 comment:

  1. I LOVE eos and aussie are one of my favourite brands, I am still yet to try the dry shampoo sounds amazing xx

    ReplyDelete

Please note, any comment that have nothing to do with my blog post and are just for "please follow me back" will be deleted.