21/12/2014

Magnitone Lucid Facial Brush Review | Limited Edition Pixie Lott Brush

This is my new favourite thing when it comes to cleansing my face. Facial brushes have been popping up left right and centre recently, and to be honest when I first tried No7's offering I wasn't sold on it. I couldn't justify spending over £100 on a Clarisonic, and when I saw Magnitones version I was so close to buying it, but when they had their black Friday offer I couldn't hold back any longer. 
This feels so soft and gentle on the skin but leaves your skin feeling super clean and soft. When I first used it I was so impressed, I totally didn't expect my skin to feel as nice as it did after using it! 
The Magnitone Lucid is a smaller travel sized version of the Pulsar. I've got small hands, so quite frankly the Lucid is perfect for me - I can only imagine how the Pulsar would feel in my hand... It comes in multiple colours and currently is available in a limited Edition Pixie Lott version. A massive plus of this is thats it's water proof, so no worrying about getting it wet in the bath, shower or sink. It seems like a massive design flaw to not make these kind of thinks water proof...
The Magnitone Lucid has 10,000 pulsed oscilations per minute - meaning when your cleaning your face it really gets deep down giving you a far superior clean than you'd get from just simply hand or cloth washing. It will buff away any dirt, dead skin cells and any other nasties in 1 minute - that's quicker than making something quick to eat! 
The charger for this is really quite cool and clever. Its a little magnet that snaps onto the front of the facial brush, its so easy for taking with you when you travel - I'll defos be taking this with me every time I go on holiday or stay with the boy. 
If that doesn't sound good enough, the Lucid has a automatic shut off after 1 minute, and has 3 separate 20 second intervals to let you know when to move on. So, 20 seconds on your forehead, 20 on your nose and chin and 10 seconds for each cheek. 
The battery life of these is pretty amazing, I've only just needed to charge mine after using it for a good month or two. 
When I use it, I first wet the brush head of the Lucid then apply a little cleanser to the brush and a little directly to my face. Press the button to start it up, pressing it once gives a deep clean, and if needed twice for a sensitive clean. Slowly then move the brush around your face in circular motions - you don't really need to do much, since the Lucid brush does most of the work for you. 
I've been using this for about 2 weeks now and I definitely think that since using this, my skin is less oily throughout the day; it feels softer; looks smoother and is not as red as it used to be. Breakout wise, I've only had a couple on my cheeks, but I think that could just be down to my skin not have been cleaned so well before - it did say breakouts could be expected. My moisturiser seems to sink in so much quicker now as well, which is always a plus. I now don't exfoliate nearly as much as I used to, just maybe once a week compared to 2 or 3 times a week before.
When you first use this, it feels quite odd. Tingly almost. But that feeling goes away really quickly. I still tend to cleanse once first, just to remove makeup if I'm wearing any.
The Magnitone Lucid retails for £69.99, with the heads being £15.99 for a pack of 2 - which is completely reasonable. Maybe this is the perfect time to add this to your Christmas list? I know if I were you I'd be asking for one this year.