24/08/2015

August Empties

This month I've been on a bit of a mission to use up as much of my horde as possible (also the boyfriends challenged me not to buy new stuff till I use up some of what I have), and I think this month I've managed to use up a fair chunk of my collection. 
Lets talk about face things first shall we? 
I used another of one of my favourite face masks this month - Mask of Magnanimity from Lush is amazing, its my absolute favourite thing. It just clears up spots so well, back and chest spots definitely benefit from using this - bye bye horrible bacne. heheeh
The Body Shop's Seaweed Cleanser is something that I've used and already repurchased. I don't use it in my own home, its found its second home in my boyfriends house - I like keeping it there as it means I can always cleanse my face properly even when I'm staying with him. I really like this though, it leaves my skin feeling really clean but not at all tight. 
I also finished up the last of my Bioderma Sebum, I didn't really get the hype around this. And I still don't. I found it was only really good for freshening my face up in the morning when it was already free from makeup if I was in a rush. I probably wont be buying this again, it seems like just an over price cleansing water to me, you can get ones for a few pounds from boots or superdrug that do just as good a job in my mind. 
Another Body Shop item that I'm in love with and having serious withdrawals from is their Camomile Cleansing Balm. Boy oh boy, this is an absolute dream of a cleanser. I'm wanting to try more cleansing balms so if you've any recommendations I'd love to hear them. 
Sticking along the skincare path, I've used up my trusty Origins Gin Zing moisturiser. This is one of those product I couldn't full appreciate till I ran out of it. I'm in the process of finding another moisturiser but so far no luck with finding one just as good as this. Might need to give in and purchase another.
I used up a tube of the amazing Liz Earle Cleanse and Polish, I really want to get another tube of this - but I just feel I can't justify the price for something that I feel ran out fairly quickly. It feels lovely on the skin though, and while I was using this my skin had never been in better condition. It really deserves all the rave reviews it gets - it definitely is a cult classic. 
I also finished my much loved Origins GinZing moisturiser. I've not repurchased this yet but if I can't find a moisturiser I like more soon I'll definitely get it again!
Final skin care bit - I promise! This is my all time favourite must have thing for me and thats the Clinique Anti- Blemish solutions clearing gel. This is an absolute life saver and I definitely need to repurchase another one. For £20 this became mine and it has lasted me about a year - so its well worth the spend in my eyes! I might have to check out what else they have to offer my skin!
A few hair care bits and a couple of makeup things and we will be done here!
So hair care wise I used up two (but I only have one bottle here...) Aussie 3 Minute Miracles. I had the original and the Take the Heat version, I love a good hair mask and the Aussie one is an absolute dream to use. I definitely want to get another bottle or two cause my hair is beginning to get a bit rubbish looking since I've stopped using it. 
This isn't actually used up - theres about half a can left, but for whatever reason its decided to stop spraying out. So the Pantene dry shampoo is leaving my house - I didnt really like it anyway so I'm not bothered about getting rid of it. Just like a previous dry shampoo it felt wet and was weird to use. Not a fan at all. 
Primark Brunette Shampoo and Conditioners are the best thing I've used for my coloured hair in a long while. For £1.50 they are an absolute steal and really help the colour last in the hair so much longer. I'm dying to get my hands on more bottles and maybe even stock pile them a bit...  My mum threw out the bottles but I thought I should still mention them.
I used yet another of the Marrakesh sprays - I cant get enough of this stuff and already have a new bottle in the waiting.
My much loved Nuxe lip balm has finally ran out too. I got this two years ago as a gift from my brother, I adore it and definitely need to get myself another. 
Makeup thats been finished of this month then! The Bourjois Healthy Mix foundation was amazing the more I wore it the more I loved it and the less that was in the bottle the more I wanted it - I proper scraped out the insides of this to make it last as long as possible. 
Benefits Gimmie Brow is another thing I've used up, I've really only been using it recently to brush my brows, so I dont think I'll throw it out just yet. 
What products have you been using this month?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please note, any comment that have nothing to do with my blog post and are just for "please follow me back" will be deleted.