03/02/2016

January Empties | Products I've Used Up

The start of January seemed to go on forever - but thankfully the last week seemed to fly in! I'm really excited for February - I've so many things planned for it, the first of which is in two days time! 
I've a few products that have been used up over the last month or so, so here they are in one nice little post. 
I've two make-up things that have been used up, my Smashbox Photofinish Primer in Light. I honestly feel like I've had this for years! Its a really good wee primer, but I wasn't completely wow'd by it so I'm going to hold off buying it again in search of a better primer. It did give a really nice and smooth base for my foundation, and did help keep my oil under control a fair bit, so if your not too oily then this could be great for you. I'm just sure there's something better out there. 
The only other make-up bit I've used up is the Urban Decay De-slick Make-up Setting Spray This stuff is brilliant - and I will be purchasing another bottle very soon. A few sprays before and after applying make-up keeps everything right where its meant to be. A travel sized bottle of this is £9 and I believe the full sized bottle is around £22. The bottle lasts a really long time though so its definitely worth the money you pay for it. 
Two skin care type things now. The first is the Body Shop's Seaweed Mattifying Day Cream. This is a really good moisturiser - when this little sample size ran out I went straight out and bought the full sized version of it. I'd say its best suited for combination oily skin, my skin has recently been incredibly oily and fairly dehydrated - and I'd say that if your skin is the same as mines been recently then this wont do much for you. I'm needing to get a richer moisturiser to help my skin for now as this just isn't hydrating enough for my skin currently. I do love this though, and if your skin isn't super oily or dehydrated I'd definitely recommend this. 
Next up is my much loved Nuxe Reve De Miel Lip Balm. I got this for my 18th birthday, and its only just recently ran out! It is an expensive little lip balm costing near enough £10, but if it lasts you 2+ years you can't really complain since you really are getting your moneys worth. I'm needing to buy a new one of these, this really does just sort out your lips when they are in the most dire of states. 
Last two items are hair and mouth related... Hello Mojito Mint Mouthwash, opinions were divided over this. I liked the taste of it, but my mum and boyfriend hated it!  The taste didn't bother my brother, so some liked it others didn't. I really enjoy Hello products and if your interested in trying them, you can buy them from Boots. 
The John Frieda Beach Blonde Kelp Help Masque is something I'd bought after trying travel sizes of the shampoo and conditioner on holiday. I obviously don't have blonde hair, but I bought it because it was meant to help with tangled hair. What with being at the beach and in the pool, I was grateful for this range. When I came back from holiday my hair was quite dry and I bought this as it says it "quenches parched strands". It definitely helped my hair, after one use my hair was so soft, and smelled amazing! The minty smell that comes from this really sticks to your hair and I think it leaves you and your hair feeling refreshed. I think at some point I'll pick this back up since it is a really good mask. 
  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please note, any comment that have nothing to do with my blog post and are just for "please follow me back" will be deleted.