15/04/2016

Beauty Bay Haul

I recently had my make-up done by the lovely Ashley Collins - she did such an amazing job of both mine and Connor's sisters face. So much so that more or less all of the things I got from Beauty Bay were inspired by shadows she used on us (mostly on Leonie though...)
I got 8 shadows and a brow product, and I'm super excited to use them all! Of the eight shadows I got, three were from Morphe and the other five were Make-up Geek. I'll start with the Morphe ones since theres only a few of them. 
I literally bought all the shades they sold at the time on their site - wee bit annoyed that the only had the three shades but hay ho. The shades I got are: Coal, this is just a plain and simple - what I think is matte - black; Starlight, a lovely gold shade - I thought this would be perfect to make a brown smokey eye that bit more interesting; and finally, Sapphire - a really stunning looking navy blue shade, I dont think I own a colour quite like this, or for that matter any of these three. Not having a black in my collection seems a bit silly on my part...
Make-up Geek time - so many people rave about these shadows! So I thought it was about time I saw what the fuss was about! 
The shades I bought were: Whimsical, one of their foiled shadows - these cost £7.95 each - this shade is a metallic soft candyfloss shade, and as soon as I found out that this was the shade used on Leonies eyes, I decided it needed to be mine; I also got White Lies - An, from MakeupbyAn always talks about this shade and uses it in 99% of her videos to highlight the brow bone. I've been needing a really good brow highlight shade for awhile and this seemed like it might be perfect. I also got the shade Peach Smoothie, the rest of the shades - including this one - cost £4.95 each, this shade is a light peachy beige with a matte finish - hopefully it will be perfect for in the crease and building up a nice crease shade. 
Beaches and Cream is fairly similar to Peach Smoothie, its a soft matte peach that would be great as an all over lid shade or like with Peach Smoothie for a transition shade or to build the crease shade up. 
And finally, Creme Brulee, this is basically a slightly darker version of the two that came before it... Its a matte sand shade that will be so perfect for smoking out an eye look and just like the others for building up that crease. 
I also decided to jump on the Anastasia Beverly Hills band wagon and bought myself DipBrow in the shade Chocolate. I've heard so much about this and decided it was about time to test it out for myself. Dipbrow costs £15, which I don't think is too bad - but considering you have no real way of knowing if the shade your getting is the one for you, it could be a bit of a risky purchase... 
Have you tried any of the things I've bought? What did you think of them?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please note, any comment that have nothing to do with my blog post and are just for "please follow me back" will be deleted.