13/08/2016

The Original Make-up Eraser | Review

The first time I saw the Make-up Eraser I was in Rome, I really wanted to try it but it wasn't exactly cheap. I'm glad I held off though as I got the one I have now I bought from Amazon for around £14. I honestly didn't really know what to expect from this - I know its meant to be some kind of wonder product for taking off your make-up, but I don't really hold my hopes up too high for it... Like I think I'll still need to do a second cleanse, but it'll be interesting to see how it does. 
The Make-up Eraser is essentially a big face cloth, one side of it removes the make-up and the other exfoliates - although to be honest with you I think both sides feel exactly the same and for the life of me I couldn't tell what side was which. The cloth is meant to last for up to 1000 washes - essentially this should last me a good couple of years - cause really how am I gonna wash my face 1000 times in one year? The cloth is so so so soft, like unbelievably soft - I wonder if its one of those things that will get less and less soft as time goes by? Only time will tell I suppose. 

The first time I used this I didn't feel that it did anything. Like at all. Zilch. Nada. I put it in the washing machine to see if that would help it. It seems to have done something to it, honestly though I'd have never thought that washing it would do anything to it, but somehow it has...
After leaving the cloth alone for what I'm pretty sure was months, I decided to give it another go, and I've honestly mixed feelings. It took my make-up off but it felt weird on my skin while I used it. Clearly its taken at least some of my makeup off, as its all over the cloth, but I'm not sure if it removed all traces of make-up. I'd definitely still want to do a second cleanse to ensure that its definitely all off. None of the makeup I've tried with this has been waterproof, I can though imagine that with a little encouragement that it could do a pretty good job or taking it off. 
I'd love to say I really enjoyed using this and that it'll be an integral part of my routine... But, the weird way it feels on the skin puts me off it. I'll probably take it to Connors as an easy way of taking my makeup off, if not I'll keep it here and break it out when I'm playing about with my makeup.
Have you tried the Make-up Eraser? What did you think of it? 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please note, any comment that have nothing to do with my blog post and are just for "please follow me back" will be deleted.