09/10/2016

Haul | Sephora USA, LA Splash & Sephora France!

Recently I took part in a blog swap with my friend, Rena, who lives in New Jersey, you can see the blog swap post here if you're interested. In the swap box Rena had kindly said I could have things to her house to save myself a bit of money, I got some things from the US Sephora and LA Splash sent to her house.
The stuff I got from the US Sephora I'm really glad I got and I can't wait to give it all a try! Since when I did the order last year it was my birthday month I got the Sephora birthday gift, the one I picked was the NARS One Year Bolder lip set. The set comes with two miniature pencils: Cruella and Rikugien. Cruella is a lovely red shade and Rikugien is a nice your lips but better nude shade. I also got a 100 point freebie, the one I decided on was the Kat Von D Studded Lipstick in the shade Lovecraft, this is another nude shade - it looks like it will be quite a good nude shade and hopefully it suits me. 
Sticking with Kat Von D - I got two more things from her range - I am so excited for her brand to launch here! I also decided to buy the High Voltage Eye Primer, I don't actually remember buying this, so it was a nice wee surprise seeing it in the box. Her makeup seems to be pretty heavy duty and it'll be interesting to see how it helps eye makeup last. The last Kat Von D thing I got myself was the Shade & Light Contour Palette. It was between this one and the Anastasia Beverly Hills Contour kit, I think I chose the Kat Von D one because it was a little cheaper and the colours looked to be better for my skin. My NARS laguna bronzer is running out so hopefully one of the shades in this palette will be a good replacement. 
Next up is the Becca x Jacklyn Hill Champagne Pop Highlighter. I bought this when the hype for it was at its highest. And basically two weeks after I bought it, it was released in the UK. Just my luck. It looks stunning though, I'm not sure if its too gold toned? I'll have to have a wee play around with it to see how suits my skin. 
The final thing I purchased was the Sephora Ultimate Oil-in-Gel Lipstick Remover. There is no worse thing than being unable to get last nights lipstick off that has now encrusted itself onto your lips. Or when you decide to change your lip colour but its a stubborn one and stains your lips. Hopefully this comes in handy and will help with taking off a bright lip. 
Next four things I've got are from LA Splash, they're all part of the Dia De Los Muertos collection that was released last year. The shades I have are: Catrina, this looks to be a grey shade with hints of green and purple running through it; Sangre Azul, this is a beautiful blue shade - I've always wanted a blue lipstick but finding one in the UK is a little tricky; Guadalupe is a beautiful burnt copper orange shade - I can't wait to try this out; and finally Hasta La Muerte, a very dark purple shade - its definitely the darkest purple shade I own. I'm thinking of doing a first impressions video with swatches of these so keep your eyes peeled! 
Final things are from Sephora France, I only got two things but if I had waited and gone into the Champs Elysees store I'd have probably spent a lot more! The first thing I got was the Sephora Metamorphosis Exfoliating Power, it cost around 15 euros and it looks like you get a fair bit of product. I do quite like exfoliating my face once or twice a week, but I much much muuuuch prefer the powder ones, but again there doesnt seem to be a lot of these on the market. 
The final thing I got was an ETTANG Charcoal Peel Off Mask Cup, it looked really interesting so I decided to pick one up - I now regret only getting one but alas too late now to go back and get more. 
Product reviews will probably be coming up soon on the blog and maybe even in YouTube video form. Have you tried any of these before? 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please note, any comment that have nothing to do with my blog post and are just for "please follow me back" will be deleted.